Micah

depps said:
yamcha said:
depps said:
Micah is a big conundrum for me:

We need a back up for Zab that we can rely on to stay fit, Right now Micah is not that player so bringing someone like Sagna in relatively cheap makes sense.

However, we all know how good Micah can be (he started ahead of Zab for most of the first tittle winning season) and he is still young at 25. He also has the major + of being a club trained player and should be an asset for the squad for another 5-6 years at least.

If I was in charge what I would be looking to do is give Micah a new deal until 2016 with a modest release clause (around 6-7 million) and agree with him that he will go out on loan next season to re-find his form and fitness. If he does that he comes back next summer and gets a new long term deal and is part of the plans moving forwards or else we assist him in finding a new club. The modest release clause gives him the confidence to know he can leave if he wants to next summer while we get another year to make up our mind on him.

Everybody is a winner!

Let me get this right, he will sign a new deal, then go on loan in the 2014/2015 season, which means we have to sign a new right back (e.g. Sagna) .. so when Micah comes back for the 2015/2016 season, we will have three right backs ? Hmm..I don't think the club want to have three right backs who are all on big wages. Your plan won't work.

It was a several months ago when Micah was offered a new deal, he rejected the deal which prompted us to find a new right back. We are now close to signing Sagna which means that Micah will probably be sold to the highest bidder this summer.

Sagna is 31, will be 32 by next summer. He isn't a long term solution and should only be getting a 2 year deal anyway. Most (if not all) of Micah's wages would be picked up by the club he is loaned to.

I think paying for 3 full backs for one season is a much better deal than letting Micah go for peanuts this summer when he is potentially a long term member of the squad if he can get back on track.

Okay, so you think Sagna will sign for us if he is told that Micah will be loaned out but will come back in 2015/2016 ? I don't think so.

yamcha said:
depps said:
yamcha said:
Let me get this right, he will sign a new deal, then go on loan in the 2014/2015 season, which means we have to sign a new right back (e.g. Sagna) .. so when Micah comes back for the 2015/2016 season, we will have three right backs ? Hmm..I don't think the club want to have three right backs who are all on big wages. Your plan won't work.

It was a several months ago when Micah was offered a new deal, he rejected the deal which prompted us to find a new right back. We are now close to signing Sagna which means that Micah will probably be sold to the highest bidder this summer.

Sagna is 31, will be 32 by next summer. He isn't a long term solution and should only be getting a 2 year deal anyway. Most (if not all) of Micah's wages would be picked up by the club he is loaned to.

I think paying for 3 full backs for one season is a much better deal than letting Micah go for peanuts this summer when he is potentially a long term member of the squad if he can get back on track.

Okay, so you think Sagna will sign for us if he is told that Micah will be loaned out but will come back in 2015/2016 ? I don't think so.

Micah and Zaba didn't stop Maicon from signing in 2012

yamcha said:
depps said:
yamcha said:

I don't think it'll happen in a million years but I reckon Sagna would be confident that he's a better RB than Micah............

FantasyIreland said:
Matty said:
As much as Micah seems a top bloke, and he's been at the club for many years, it's his actually ability as a footballer (and his ability to stay fit) that are causes for concern. The only reason many are considering keeping him around is due to his home grown nature, and the advantages that brings in squad makeup. It's not a good enough reason in my opinion. We need a quality, dependable, backup/challenger to Zabaleta at right back, Richards isn't that person I'm afraid. City have progressed and Micah hasn't managed to do so at the same pace, this means we've now reached a level, quality wise, that Micah hasn't, and is unlikely ever to do.

When you put it like that..... however,i'm sure Pete will be along shortly to add you to his list of 'haterz'[/

Ha ha - youre funny fantasy and i love the banter mate but truly why did the club offer him a new contract if he has no ability, he has a bad attitude , doesn't want to knuckle down and is the club jester -(as you put it )
Was the club offering him a new contract out of sentiment or do they actually , as far fetched as it probably sounds to many of you, rate him as a player and person .

And just quickly i wasnt comparing aguero and Micah as players , just injury situations.
Im wondering how long it will be before people start asking questions if aguero is hit by injuries again next season because that would be the 3rd season running he's endured long durations out of the team.
Aguero cost big money and is on big wages , Micah cost zero and is not on no where near the wages.
And the fact that my pal was saying we have many players to take the place of aguero, there was a period when aguero , alvaro was injured and jovetic had hardly played and wasnt fit, that left us with edin only .
Most top teams have 4 strikers anyway , not 4 right backs.
Anyway looks like he's going so you will all have your way.

DavidT95 said:
yamcha said:
depps said:

Micah and Zaba didn't stop Maicon from signing in 2012

Maicon was signed to play wingback in Mancini's 3-5-2 formation, a formation that saw both Zabaleta and Richards intermittently deployed as part of the back three, so not really in competition for the same role as Maicon.

chris85mcfc said:
FantasyIreland said:
Matty said:
As much as Micah seems a top bloke, and he's been at the club for many years, it's his actually ability as a footballer (and his ability to stay fit) that are causes for concern. The only reason many are considering keeping him around is due to his home grown nature, and the advantages that brings in squad makeup. It's not a good enough reason in my opinion. We need a quality, dependable, backup/challenger to Zabaleta at right back, Richards isn't that person I'm afraid. City have progressed and Micah hasn't managed to do so at the same pace, this means we've now reached a level, quality wise, that Micah hasn't, and is unlikely ever to do.

When you put it like that..... however,i'm sure Pete will be along shortly to add you to his list of 'haterz'

Can i go on it as well Pete? I don't hate Micah, I just don't think he's very good on the football pitch which is what he gets paid for

I'm sure you will tell me he's a cracking lad, but so am I, and it just so happens that im probably better with the ball at my feet :)

Was we a good team when we won the league under Mancini ?
Was Micah a good player in that team?
Do you beleive he would improve with a good run of games?
Or are you just writing him off as shite .

Are you n fantasy ganging up on me !! Lol
Im one of the minority on this thread i know but honestly i think some of the comments over the last couple of seasons prove that some of our fans just dont like him.
Im not a lover of Garcia and MD ( they've improved but by the same token are not the answer to where we are going)
But i wouldn't constantly get on their back , while there wearing a blue shirt ill back them .

skybluepete said:
chris85mcfc said:
FantasyIreland said:
When you put it like that..... however,i'm sure Pete will be along shortly to add you to his list of 'haterz'

Can i go on it as well Pete? I don't hate Micah, I just don't think he's very good on the football pitch which is what he gets paid for

I'm sure you will tell me he's a cracking lad, but so am I, and it just so happens that im probably better with the ball at my feet :)

Was we a good team when we won the league under Mancini ?
Was Micah a good player in that team?
Do you beleive he would improve with a good run of games?
Or are you just writing him off as shite .

Are you n fantasy ganging up on me !! Lol
Im one of the minority on this thread i know but honestly i think some of the comments over the last couple of seasons prove that some of our fans just dont like him.
Im not a lover of Garcia and MD ( they've improved but by the same token are not the answer to where we are going)
But i wouldn't constantly get on their back , while there wearing a blue shirt ill back them .

The issue is not whether Micah is or can be a good player. The problem is he has become utterly unreliable from a fitness standpoint, which has put ungodly pressure on Zabaleta. We are very, very lucky that Zabaleta only missed one relatively less important game (before the Liverpool game in Dec). If he had broken down like Silva, Aguero or Nasri, there is no way we would have won the title. Just watch that Villa game if you are not 100% certain.

Time to move on, not reliable enough unfortunately. Also, in response to the comment about Aguero and his injuries, when Sergio is on the pitch, he's world class, Richards is a long way from that so there's no room for sentiment any longer.

I refrain from his point , the thread can now close !
Good luck Micah , hope you have a successful carreer whether it be with us or else where.
Lets hope we can produce a couple of english lads in the near future who the fans actually like and more importantly rate as a footballer.

Have a good summer n enjoy the World Cup all of you .

skybluepete said:
I refrain from his point , the thread can now close !
Good luck Micah , hope you have a successful carreer whether it be with us or else where.
Lets hope we can produce a couple of english lads in the near future who the fans actually like and more importantly rate as a footballer.

Have a good summer n enjoy the World Cup all of you .

Are you really going this time or are you going to flounce back in a minute?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.