Mike Dean

One of his less cuntish performances. Still, hurry up and retire!

I’ve never really got the logic of that argument tbh. We keep the ball for long periods of time and teams tend to sit off us. When we lose it, which tends to be in the final third, we aggressively press and either win the ball back quickly or give a foul away trying to get it back (which isn’t particularly a bad thing either).

Dean was rubbish tonight as he was inconsistent. Possession stats don’t necessarily mean anything in regard to it though. It was 12 to 8 on the foul count, the real foul count wouldn’t have been far off level.
I agree, to a certain extent, and your explanation is how people who haven't seen our matches would explain it away (not for one minute saying that you fall into this category); BUT when you see fair tackles which win the ball back CONSISTENTLY being given as fouls against us in almost every match you begin to wonder; even more so when VERY similar incidents perpetrated by the opposition which could/should be given in our favour get waved away.

Last night's performance certainly raised eyebrows amongst us fans, and that's understandable due to our tribalism, but when our players (Rodri, Bernardo, Zinchenko, Jesus and Fern from memory) are visibly exasperated and even openly laughing at his decisions against us as well as those NOT given for us (on many, many occasions yesterday), the penny kinda drops that something just isn't sitting right.

Dean's performance yesterday strayed beyond just being a "homer ref" IMO.

Refs like Dean and Marriner always seem to ref to try and make a match of it, whenever we get Marriner in particular I always know what is coming

No. Thought Fernandinho and Luiz for them were both lucky not to have been booked at some point.
I think Cancelo would have been booked on another day too.

The refs are allowing more physicality so
It was confusing when Dean blew when the Villa fullbacks did a belly flop when breathed upon.That said, he didn’t give their penalty shout or outs and he got both calls right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.