Mike Dean

I don't think VAR can intervene on decisions like corners and goal kicks. Once the ref gives a corner, even if they then check for a penalty and blatantly see it was a goal kick, they can't tell the ref to change his decision. That's one of the oddities of VAR. If that's not the case I stand corrected.

Ah right. Well thats just a stupid rule isnt it, but as is the case with VAR

Yet statistically, based on points per game, we've got the most points per game in games of ours he's reffed.
I can believe that actually. Do you happen to know who statistically we average the fewest points per game with? Taylor to me with the naked eye is the one who disrupts our play the most even though he's been less blatant recently. Attwell must be up there as well .
Yet statistically, based on points per game, we've got the most points per game in games of ours he's reffed.

Dropped balls are no longer contested yet Dean restarted the game with one, something the commentators applauded and said we should have more off. Tells you all you need to know about the state of the game
I thought at the time Dean actually got that one right....for a change. The ball was going nowhere, players from both sides were locked together and the ball was stuck in the middle like a rugby scrum. You can't really have an uncontested drop ball in that situation when players from both sides are trying to win the ball.....if it's uncontested to Villa we'd be moaning and if it's uncontested to City, right on the edge of the Villa box, then Villa would moan. Not a lot Dean could do there. Once he'd given the drop ball I was hoping Rodri would get the ball and also 'accidently' the Villa player as well. Ha ha.

There hasn't been Obstruction in the laws for 20 years, and when it was in the laws you were not committing it if the ball is in playing distance.
Not quite correct. It is included in Law 12.

cbcebefc2b6927eae0f7ce6982541f3b.jpg

Shouldve been an in direct free kick to us. The villa player just clamped his legs round the ball and sat there
Dropped balls are no longer contested yet Dean restarted the game with one, something the commentators applauded and said we should have more off. Tells you all you need to know about the state of the game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.