Mike "I'm a Celebrity" Dean

If you read Graham Poll's book he says that he treated every game differently and even every player. So he'd give an early yellow card to a player who he felt he needed to keep tight control of but give some leeway to one he didn't.
Didn't he also say if he reffed at utd he wouldn't get on taggart's nerves and give utd the decisions?

I didn't know that. He's been a bit bonkers at times refereeing City games but with no obvious bias.

Remember his John Travolta pose giving when giving us a penalty against Leicester a couple of seasons ago? :)

It all about him seeing himself on tele. Not in arsehole Poll way mind. Let's hope he isn't in a strange mood Sunday.

If you read Graham Poll's book he says that he treated every game differently and even every player. So he'd give an early yellow card to a player who he felt he needed to keep tight control of but give some leeway to one he didn't.

Does leeway include booking a player twice and not sending him off?

Clattenburg said something along those lines. Which, whilst could be viewed as admirable, it was very dangerous as Spurs by the end of it(Walker in particular from memory) were playing like madmen hell-bent in injuring Chelsea players

I thought the refereeing that night was reckless

this is the strategy they've used to break us at time this season, just continually refuse to referee properly to the point where we psychologically crack, make errors and get done.

It shows the influence a referee can have in such a pressured atmosphere and Clattenburg's behaviour that led to a Leicester title win that night was just indicative of much more prevalent and wider behaviour.

Game plan? Er you what mate? So every ref gets a memo or an email from the FA or pigmol with instructions for the day of the game?
Well what a surprise. So refs don't just go out and ref a game, instead they're instructed what to do. For example they might have ear pieces in and someone in a studio miles away tells them how to ref it.
Ah right I get it now.
Slowly,but surely...more and more fans are working out what the modern game is all about.
I saw it ,clear as day ,Anthony Taylor with his ear peice instruction not to send off Luiz after his foul on Sergio....this was pre-var.City v Chelsea etihad stadium,few years baaach
I effectively walked away from watchng live football that afternoon.after 30years home and away.i ve watched from a distance as more and more City fans open their eyes.i took a trip to the lane Sunday,just fancied a look at the new ground.pre match little had changed.Once a ball was kicked ..the same old shenanigans....not blaming the ref for our loss.thats down to City...,just the ridiculously long wait for the pen.The games gone mad.So much deception ,deliberation (7second delays on telivised football..?)and deceipt.its appalling.
I really enjoyed bumping into old time Blues id not seen for a while..Pat from Cheltenham supporters branch,sean riley,Simonj,big Paul Bevan,Ricky from Peterborough ,stuart kelly etc etc ...great to see old mates,but modern premier league rigged football...not for me..

Last edited:
this is the strategy they've used to break us at time this season, just continually refuse to referee properly to the point where we psychologically crack, make errors and get done.

It shows the influence a referee can have in such a pressured atmosphere and Clattenburg's behaviour that led to a Leicester title win that night was just indicative of much more prevalent and wider behaviour.
Exactly.and..as we all know..within mins of the final whistle at the battle of the bridge..howard webb the pgmol cheif,resigned his post.
Job done.
From behind the scenes
Clean as a .........

I didn't know that. He's been a bit bonkers at times refereeing City games but with no obvious bias.

It was something to do with a horse racing site, not sure of the details, and was considered to be a breach of contract.

I agree, he's generally fine, and I don't mind the mannerisms really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.