Mikel Arteta to Arsenal?

Didn't he get quite far in the interview stage last time, which meant that he had all his match prep when we beat on the opening game of the season?

Regardless, it could work for both of them and the best of luck to him if it goes through.

That first game of last season's CL when Pep was banned, Arteta looked like the proverbial rabbit in headlights.

It's a no from me

That first game of last season's CL when Pep was banned, Arteta looked like the proverbial rabbit in headlights.

It's a no from me
How can you make such a judgement based off of one game lol. Pep chose the lineup and tactics, and Arteta made the correct substitutions, probably earlier than Pep would've as well.

I think the bottom line on all the Arteta rumors are that if we actually wanted to keep him around we would. Pep has, at most, a year and a half remaining on his time here. If we made it known to Arteta that he was the man coming next I'm very sure we could up with a compensation package to make the wait a little more comfortable for him.

How can you make such a judgement based off of one game lol. Pep chose the lineup and tactics, and Arteta made the correct substitutions, probably earlier than Pep would've as well.
My judgement isn't based on one game alone.
I honestly don't know what he brings to the game, once kick off has taken place. For the next two hours, the fella is static. Yes, it's Pep's team, and his orders, but as far as I can see, Arteta simply sits there motionless whilst Pep and other backroom staff are up and about, barking orders. He reminds me of a mute Phil Neal, from that documentary Graham Taylor:An Impossible Job, doing very little, just nodding sagely whenever his boss says something. He might as well be serving tea and cakes to Henry Winter and the like.

To quote Harold Shand from The Long Good Friday "I've heard of a sleeping partner, but you're in a fucking coma"

From where we stand now, I'd rather go with someone with a proven track record, rather than a promoted assistant

I honestly don't know what he brings to the game, once kick off has taken place. For the next two hours, the fella is static. Yes, it's Pep's team, and his orders, but as far as I can see, Arteta simply sits there motionless whilst Pep and other backroom staff are up and about, barking orders. He reminds me of a mute Phil Neal, from that documentary Graham Taylor:An Impossible Job, doing very little, just nodding sagely whenever his boss says something. He might as well be serving tea and cakes to Henry Winter and the like.

To quote Harold Shand from The Long Good Friday "I've heard of a sleeping partner, built you're in a fucking coma"

From where we stand now, I'd rather go with someone with a proven track record, rather than a promoted assistant
?????
What a strange assumption to make, that he won't be a good manager cos he's not running about on the touchline with Pep. He's an assistant - his job is to take notes and give Pep advice when he asks for it during the game. To assume that would be a reflection of how he'd be as a manager is a bit silly.

To quote Harold Shand from The Long Good Friday "I've heard of a sleeping partner, but you're in a fucking coma"

Every person on the spectrum needs a calm caregiver. Torrent is in the US, so Arteta moved seamlessly into the slot. Oh, and he knows how to talk to players, whereas I’m not sure Pep has the aptitude for the arm around the shoulder and an “appropriate” word. He is all Pep, all the time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.