Mikel Arteta

It is a strange one imo if Arsenal give him the job.

Pep, at Barca, had at least managed the 2nd team.

Vieira has called them out for contacting him as a 'token gesture' & I'm wonderng if this is the same thing, before they appoint someone like Ancelotti.

Having said that, a young manager who is so glad to get a shot he will not demand huge transfer funds may be reasoning behind it.

I think the last part is important. They aren't going to attract a coach who's motivated by winning the league, everyone knows it's impossible for them in the near future. Realistically, even getting in the top 4 is incredibly unlikely with the teams ahead of them and the squad left behind.

With that future who are you going to attract? Someone who thinks 5th place is an achievement? Going for a Europa league? No great manager is going to take that, while also having to be the guy who succeeds Wenger.

So you go with either a second rate manager, or gamble on a young guy who might turn out to be a genius. Stan Kroenke also just had massive success appointing a 30 year old with no experience to be the head coach of the LA Rams, which was seen as an even bigger gamble and they were one of the big success stories of the season.

I think he'd be mad to take that position tbh.

It's exactly like Moyes trying to follow Ferguson, except with a worse team.

As soon as he loses a game, the arsenal fans will be moaning "inexperienced" etc.

Let someone else go in there and fail and then if you still want it, it will be there again in 2 years max.

If Arteta is part of the continuation plan post-pep then we should keep him definately.

Realisticly speaking its an amazing opportunity for a guy with so little experience. I think arsenal may be banking on the fact that he would have learned alot from pep. If he goes Good Luck to him. He would do a decent job i reckon

I'm sure Arteta has a good idea of how long Pep plans to stay at City, which looks like another two years. Personally unfortunately I can't see him doing much more. He will also have a good idea if he has a chance to succeed Pep, if that's the case then I'm sure he will stay at City which is surely a better prospect than going to Arsenal

I think the last part is important. They aren't going to attract a coach who's motivated by winning the league, everyone knows it's impossible for them in the near future. Realistically, even getting in the top 4 is incredibly unlikely with the teams ahead of them and the squad left behind.

With that future who are you going to attract? Someone who thinks 5th place is an achievement? Going for a Europa league? No great manager is going to take that, while also having to be the guy who succeeds Wenger.

So you go with either a second rate manager, or gamble on a young guy who might turn out to be a genius. Stan Kroenke also just had massive success appointing a 30 year old with no experience to be the head coach of the LA Rams, which was seen as an even bigger gamble and they were one of the big success stories of the season.

Money could be a factor in Arsenal's thinking because reports suggest a big name manager such as Luis Enrique would take the job but wants £15m per year and Arsenal have baulked at that. Whether he would be the right guy, I don't know but he won enough with Barca to be asking for a big salary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.