Mikel Arteta

Good that he's staying, but I'm not at all sure that it means he'll be groomed for after Pep. I've always strongly suspected that, all being well, Patrick Vieira was pencilled in for that role. The fact that he's off to Nice is good news, as I see it. Pep's here till 2021. Three years for Patrick in a somewhat more demanding league than the MLS Eastern Conference – all to the good.

Just get the feeling Arteta would sooner be at Arsenal than here but could be reading it wrong...
I think he’d rather be making £5m than £500k (just a guess on the number at City but you get the point). I’m sure he could have gotten a coaching position there as well when he moved to City.

I think he’d rather be making £5m than £500k (just a guess on the number at City but you get the point). I’m sure he could have gotten a coaching position there as well when he moved to City.
Get the point Wenger started on 500,000 per year the wages Arsenal offer he was probably on more being number 2:-)

Will be interesting to see if Arteta is linked with the Everton job and if so whether he wants it.

Saw someone on tv saying that Arteta believes in playing the Pep way as much as Pep. He apparently explained that he wanted to invest in technicians as this man called them and that the Arsenal board didn't want to spend the money needed. Emery said he would work with what he had thus explaining the change of plans. Don't know if it's true or who he was but it sounds plausible.

I've just seen that @oakiecokie Pep must rate him if the rumours of a new contract in the offing are true so all smiles from me and I'll admit I got it wrong ...

I've just seen that @oakiecokie Pep must rate him if the rumours of a new contract in the offing are true so all smiles from me and I'll admit I got it wrong ...
It was nice to read that he stood by his principles of not giving in to his heart and thankfully his head took control,ref his concern over Arsenals new strategy of using A.N.Other to oversee all transfers.
Could he become our next manager ? As you say Pep thinks highly of him and that may also be the case of our hierarchy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.