Mikel Arteta

It would be a shame to see him go as Pep thinks so highly of him.

My major concern would be him taking a few of our coaches with him. Would seem like a no-brainer really, where else is he going to get a backroom staff from if not the people he has been working with?

If Arsenal are going to do this then will they give him a full season, baring a disaster?

Wenger thinks the squad is close to the top but others say it needs an overhaul.

Claims they don't want to spend must also be applied to manager, and Arteta will not cost the same as the bigger names thrown around.

I suspect they hope for the former but suspect the latter and won't sack him as long as they are around 5th or 6th. With Arteta they can temper expectations next season from their fans where as a big name manager will mean higher expectations and perhaps they suspect greater potential for negative press they have gotten quite a bit of.

Bringing a former Arsenal player will allow them to rebuild the team which also may tell us that Wenger's influence is truly done and dusted in terms of assessing the squad.

I get the feeling from some of the players comments(Sterling and Sané) they feel a lot of their personal improvement this season came from the work he did with them individually. At the rate they are improving it would be sad to see him move on so soon, as I expect big things from Sterling, Sané and Jesus next season and if he has been part of the growth so far then we'd probably need to bring someone in that can do a similar role.

We know the potential of Sané and Jesus but for Sterling in particular it feels like a purple patch where things start going right for him conversion rate wise could propel him to the next level(true world class) and silence all his doubters once and for all as the rest of his game is all there for me. By that I mean every chance taken, pulling off what he wants to instinctively whether it's a pass or a take on or finding the top corner, having no doubts or hesitation could take him there.

Lets just hope if they plan on offering him the job they don't leave it until the last minute like they do with most things, as it's bad for everyone if you do business that way.

Last edited:
feel like arteta > paddy v manegerial wise... seems creative and detail-oriented. liked what he did vs arsenal

I think Arteta is the perfect man for the job but that doesn't mean that the job is perfect for him. I hope he stays for selfish reasons and also because the time isn't right for that job but I suspect it might fall to him and I can't fault him for taking it.

Loaded post but eh?

I think Arteta is the perfect man for the job but that doesn't mean that the job is perfect for him. I hope he stays for selfish reasons and also because the time isn't right for that job but I suspect it might fall to him and I can't fault him for taking it.

Loaded post but eh?
Agreed. If it's offered to him, he'll probably take it. But I really don't think he should. It's too soon for him and he's in a great position right now, learning from the best. Long term, he'd be much better off staying at City for another 2-3 years. His stock is only going to rise over that period.

It does seem like a decent enough chunk of our players’ development is down to Arteta’s work. He’s going to be a big loss, hopefully we don’t lose too many more of the backroom team that might go with him. Arsenal will do well with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.