Milner back in midfield

Re: Milner back in midfield

I'd drop Yaya for Milner too. Some on here think Yaya is untouchable, iv'e become disillusioned with his half ball style of play and feels it often hinders us, Cardiff was a classic example. His marauding runs cover up his weaknesses.

Big fan of Milners, and besides do we need Fernandinho AND Yaya in the starting 11? Particularly when playing at home.

Benarbia_is_god said:
I'd drop Yaya for Milner too. Some on here think Yaya is untouchable, iv'e become disillusioned with his half ball style of play and feels it often hinders us, Cardiff was a classic example. His marauding runs cover up his weaknesses.

Big fan of Milners, and besides do we need Fernandinho AND Yaya in the starting 11? Particularly when playing at home.

You can't drop Yaya that's not allowed. Absurd.

Silva Service said:
I think Milner could be a vital player for us because of his energy and work ethic above all else.

What was noticeable about the Liverpool and Arsenal victories at the weekend was the passion and commitment of their play. The will to press and attack the ball. These are qualities that we do not have in abundence. That's why players like Milner, Zab, Vinny, Micah and Negredo are worth their weight in gold to our PL campaign.

I can see that Ya Ya, Dinho, Silva and Kun will come into their own against more technical teams in the CL, but let's not underestimate the value of a little blood and thunder when it's needed.

Spot on. The ability to get in the other team's face is what Tevez had in abundance and Milner, Zab and Negredo have it too. When things aren't going well it's the efforts of players like these that lift the team and the crowd. IMO these three must start every PL game !
CTID

Benarbia_is_god said:

I find it amazing that no one at City has not been aware of this so you have to assume it is being ignored for some reason.

Milner always Centre Mid,esp with our current shite middle of back four.

Milner is a wide man, simple as that. Not a CM, not good enough to play CM in our side unless it's an emergency.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:19 pm --<br /><br />
Benarbia_is_god said:
I'd drop Yaya for Milner too.
Lol, pathetic it really is. Yaya is one of the best controllers in the world, and you want him dropped. Some people just have no idea about football.

brian the blue said:
Sorry, but can someone name some matches where Milner has played centrally?

I'm pretty sure he's only ever been used wide right, especially in the Prem.

Away at Leicester in the FA Cup in 2011, played reasonably well and scored our 2nd I think.

Away at Blackburn earlier that season, he started in alongside Yaya and we won the game 4-0. I seem to remember him starting a couple of games around this time in the middle and doing really well. He was being given high praise and then was suddenly left out of the side for the majority of December. People assumed he was being rested for when Yaya went to ACoN but he didn't fill the central role once Yaya had gone so it made no sense whatsoever.

At home to United in the 3-2 FA Cup defeat, he may not have started centrally but after Kompany's sending off we played 3-4-2 and he was a monster in the middle of the park.

In my opinion, if you're playing top class opposition in a Champions League game or at the top of the Premier League then you need a bit more technical ability, faster feet, faster thinking, etc to play centrally. However, against sides not in the top six I see no reason why Milner can't play in the middle. Teams invariably raise their game against us because we're one of the big boys now, especially if we're the away side, and for lower-placed sides this means working their bollocks off for 90 minutes. Milner's industry will help combat this and if used in a midfield three with another worker (Rodwell or Dinho) alongside and Yaya/Silva/Nasri ahead, I think we'd have less problems dealing with the opposition's "raised game".

Joburg Hero said:
Milner is a wide man, simple as that. Not a CM, not good enough to play CM in our side unless it's an emergency.

-- Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:19 pm --

Benarbia_is_god said:
I'd drop Yaya for Milner too.
Lol, pathetic it really is. Yaya is one of the best controllers in the world, and you want him dropped. Some people just have no idea about football.

Spot on fella

The very thought of Milner at centre mid is laughable, he'd have to learn to pass 5 yards to a blue shirt first...... He's a belting squad player, undeniable committing and a real pro but it's like saying start Paul dickov ahead of Sergio!!

All i can say fernandinho and yaya in the middle is a disaster waiting to happen we need someone back in there like GB

--------fernandinho-----------
Milner-----yaya------jovetic
---------silva----------------
--------------negredo

For Stoke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.