Milner Has To Play In The Centre All The Time

Freestyler said:
A complete different player when given the centre midfield role, we all know he's better there and i hope roberto takes note. always made himself available for the ball and left WBA midfield chasing shadows first half.

I'll be honest i'm one of his biggest critics, but if this bloke should play for us, it would be in the centre, or don't bother playing him at all.

Now you'll be thinking so who does he drop?.. simple barry, i'd sell him in the summer personally. Yes a good player, but he's getting on a bit now, he's also getting slower by the week and doesn't seem to have the ability to ping a ball anymore and he constantly gives it away, he can't play quick passing game, he slows us down. Milner has more to offer than Barry there.

just to add Kolarov, all i'm gonna say is, please roberto make him our Gareth Bale, not just cause AJ is out, forever please, has to start LW at the swamp, him and zabs play together like a house on fire, brilliant yet again.

I know this is gonna be a tough one for many to swallow, but I think NDJ loses out in the battle of the midfield. Barrya nd Milner are both English, and they bring more in other areas of the field. Once we become a little more cohesive, the need for break it up DM will diminish.

Just look at the best teams in the world, very few have bone crunching DM's.

At the highest level, vision, ball distribution and retention are much more sort after qualities in a DM.

Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes, Mikel, Song, Huddlestone, Wilshere e.t.c. I believe we will move away from power DM to a more finesse based DM. In that case, I see Barry and Milner eventually beating out NDJ in the long run.

Depending on Silva, Tev + Dzeko, a potential midfield maybe?:

-------De Jong (DM)
---------------Milner (CM)
-------Yaya (CM/CAM)--------Kolarov (wing)

Dax777 said:
Freestyler said:
A complete different player when given the centre midfield role, we all know he's better there and i hope roberto takes note. always made himself available for the ball and left WBA midfield chasing shadows first half.

I'll be honest i'm one of his biggest critics, but if this bloke should play for us, it would be in the centre, or don't bother playing him at all.

Now you'll be thinking so who does he drop?.. simple barry, i'd sell him in the summer personally. Yes a good player, but he's getting on a bit now, he's also getting slower by the week and doesn't seem to have the ability to ping a ball anymore and he constantly gives it away, he can't play quick passing game, he slows us down. Milner has more to offer than Barry there.

just to add Kolarov, all i'm gonna say is, please roberto make him our Gareth Bale, not just cause AJ is out, forever please, has to start LW at the swamp, him and zabs play together like a house on fire, brilliant yet again.

I know this is gonna be a tough one for many to swallow, but I think NDJ loses out in the battle of the midfield. Barrya nd Milner are both English, and they bring more in other areas of the field. Once we become a little more cohesive, the need for break it up DM will diminish.

At the highest level, vision, ball distribution and retention are much more sort after qualities in a DM.

Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes, Mikel, Song, Huddlestone, Wilshere e.t.c. I believe we will move away from power DM to a more finesse based DM. In that case, I see Barry and Milner eventually beating out NDJ in the long run.

Ridiculous. Nigel is so much more than a "crunching DM" he dictates our play at times and he dominates midfield. At the moment we cant control a game without him. He passes better this year than barry. I really do not get where your coming from here

Dax777 said:
Freestyler said:

Are you a yank by the way? "power Dm" who talks like that?

Blue Elmo said:
He is a completely different player in the middle as he doesn't need pace like you would on the wing and you don't need tricks either , all you need is a great work ethic and a fantastic ability of passing the ball , both of which Milner posseses. He gets forward in support and can defend , he is a very good box to box midfield player and should be played there more reguarly . Good performance from him today.

This must be the best analysis of Milner that I've seen so far.

I must be watching something else then because I think Milner was poor again. Lots of effort and running but little quality. Gave the ball away a lot.

For me the biggest disappointment that we have signed, expected much from him and he's not delivered. But after every game they re seems to be some sort of love in for him on here. Had the odd decent games, but generally in the cups when we played poorer teams technically

I thought he had a good game and does alot of dirty work that some fans dont see.I think He could be a key player for us next weekend.

mrpmcfc said:
Well said thought he got stuck in today if the gaffer keeps him there is another question

I am sure he will and rotate Barry so they both get games

jimmy had a great game i thought, constantly pressing the ball and did a job sitting deeper than he normally would.

was unlucky for dzeko not to get on the end of that cross

Blue Elmo said:
He is a completely different player in the middle as he doesn't need pace like you would on the wing and you don't need tricks either , all you need is a great work ethic and a fantastic ability of passing the ball , both of which Milner posseses. He gets forward in support and can defend , he is a very good box to box midfield player and should be played there more reguarly . Good performance from him today.

This comment is nearly as funny as reading those that say Jo is a good player. Milners passing is nothing short of atrocious. A fantastic passer of a football is a Silva, a Xavi or a Fabregas not a James Milner!

Agree with the OP though, if you are going to play Milner then it has to be in the middle, I actually dont think he will ever be good enough for where we want to be but his only chance of achieving this is if he plays in the middle!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.