Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bart said:
Real was basically saved by the goverment though, so it kinda showed it wasn't sustainable.
Chelsea is a tricky one. But they set it off so they would obviously be given the chance. No doubt you as well will be given a go as well, but everyone knows its just a matter of time before more clubs are bought by filthy rich people. And the English game will suffer. Football clubs throughout the nation with loads of history wont be capable of competing, and its happening right now. French, Italian and German clubs will find it even harder. And looking at Barcelona they are in the shit themselves atm. Do you really think UEFA will let this system go on for the next 20 years? I just cant see it at all. The French will do everything they can to limit the pulling power of the English league, and Im kinda glad for it.
What made football so great was watching academy kids coming through. Lads from your own area. Not watching world 11 fighting world 11. And this is where I could point out why the English national side is so shit, and why the Spanish, German and French are far better, but thats another debate.

Yes it would be great to see 11 academy kids, born within sight of the stadium, but that hasn't happened since the 1950s and even then, there were a lot of British imports. England's been in one championship final since they started in 1930, so I don't think the failings are down to the premier league or foreign stars,

As for Milner, he's worth about £18m, but Villa don't want to sell, he's English and we can afford more, so there will be a premium. However, everyone seems concerned that Villa will buy a title winning side with the proceeds, but a replacement, e.g. Parker will cost £15m+ and doesn't offer as much. Villa will end up overpaying too, the money spreads round football and no one loses.

Bart said:
Villa%20Park%206.jpg

Where is that? Is it some Victorian Hospital facade?

Marvin said:
Bart said:
Real was basically saved by the goverment though, so it kinda showed it wasn't sustainable.
Chelsea is a tricky one. But they set it off so they would obviously be given the chance. No doubt you as well will be given a go as well, but everyone knows its just a matter of time before more clubs are bought by filthy rich people. And the English game will suffer. Football clubs throughout the nation with loads of history wont be capable of competing, and its happening right now. French, Italian and German clubs will find it even harder. And looking at Barcelona they are in the shit themselves atm. Do you really think UEFA will let this system go on for the next 20 years? I just cant see it at all. The French will do everything they can to limit the pulling power of the English league, and Im kinda glad for it.
What made football so great was watching academy kids coming through. Lads from your own area. Not watching world 11 fighting world 11. And this is where I could point out why the English national side is so shit, and why the Spanish, German and French are far better, but thats another debate.
England have always been rubbish. Italy pioneered the purchase of foreign players and they produced good national teams. The facts don't back any of your arguments up

It was rubbish watching a team of has beens and academy kids at City yo-yoing between Leagues. and Liverpool, arsenal for the last 40 years have been cherry-picking the best kids from other clubs.

It amazes me how people seem to think this is a new phenomenon, the cherry picking of non English talent has been going on for 30 years, i remember Liverpool winning the FA Cup in 86 without one Englishman in the team

IBlue said:
Marvin said:
England have always been rubbish. Italy pioneered the purchase of foreign players and they produced good national teams. The facts don't back any of your arguments up

It was rubbish watching a team of has beens and academy kids at City yo-yoing between Leagues. and Liverpool, arsenal for the last 40 years have been cherry-picking the best kids from other clubs.

It amazes me how people seem to think this is a new phenomenon, the cherry picking of non English talent has been going on for 30 years, i remember Liverpool winning the FA Cup in 86 without one Englishman in the team

Must have been all scousers then!!

corky1970 said:
so your Billionaire owner who is a yank and a billionaire and a yank and a billionaire and a yank..is really a local lad from Birmingham who got the club for free and has spent no money at all .

Hypocrisy of the highest order !!

And of course James Milner has been brought up from the Villa academy... eh wait, what? Leeds you say? A fee of 12 million from Newcastle and the player handing in a transfer request to force a transfer? Shocking.

bondsman said:
Yesterday there were reports that Ozil might go for £15 and we are considering offering 25 for Milner. Get real the guy just isnt worth it, I cannot remember seeing Milner have a good game against us! In my opinion we still lack creativity from the centre of the park and thats where we should strengthen. Schweinsteiger, Snjeider, Gourcuff, Ozil, all better players than Milner WILL EVER BE imo. All four of the above would start in any team, would Milner? I dont think so, he wont start befor Silva, or Yaya, or De Jong for me, and Johnson is also a better player, he might be a better player than SWP but thats not hard and some people on here would prefer Ireland or Bellamy to him. SO WHY OH WHY is he a good buy? We have loads of homegrown lads in the squad so that isnt a reason either. Please Please RM see sense.

Third top assists last season, just behind Fabregas.

Giles said:
bondsman said:
Yesterday there were reports that Ozil might go for £15 and we are considering offering 25 for Milner. Get real the guy just isnt worth it, I cannot remember seeing Milner have a good game against us! In my opinion we still lack creativity from the centre of the park and thats where we should strengthen. Schweinsteiger, Snjeider, Gourcuff, Ozil, all better players than Milner WILL EVER BE imo. All four of the above would start in any team, would Milner? I dont think so, he wont start befor Silva, or Yaya, or De Jong for me, and Johnson is also a better player, he might be a better player than SWP but thats not hard and some people on here would prefer Ireland or Bellamy to him. SO WHY OH WHY is he a good buy? We have loads of homegrown lads in the squad so that isnt a reason either. Please Please RM see sense.

Third top assists last season, just behind Fabregas.

If he was called Milninho or Van Milner or even Millotelli he would be accepted

;-)

Sky Bet now have odds that are as short as you can get before they close the book.

Now 1/10, he will be a City player by next Thurday, I predict.

levets said:
Bart said:

Where is that? Is it some Victorian Hospital facade?

Am I the only one who thinks it looks quite nice? Never been to Villa Park, but now I long to visit. That picture seems to commandeer my every thought.

On the subject of 'We're ruining football' (again) -

Bart, surely you can see how hard it is to break the top four? It's only been achieved twice in recent seasons, and the reason for that is the financial Catch 22 - you can't buy the best players and make top four without the CL money, and you can't have the CL money until you make top four.

Sad to say, a rich benefactor was the only way that the top four was going to be broken up, and it will be a better league for it.

Incidentally, Bart, if you're still here, where would you like the Milner money spent? I'm not sure Villa fans would be super-chuffed with Parker, but there's certainly a need for another central midfielder (if, indeed, Milner eventually goes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.