Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bart said:
leewill31 said:
hahahahaha how many straws are you clutching.

Not sure why you're using that expression. Pretty much spot on all that. Love to see your explaining well thought out posts though

cutting my quote does not hide the fact you are making excuses for milner leaving please do tell me why you are spot on and you know for a fact milner will stagnate????

Haven't said it's a fact Milner will stagnate. I said it's reasonable to think he will. I'd love to know why the fella above thinks MON is an idiot as well though. I know many flaws to MON, but he's one of the few managers you can hardly call an idiot IMO.

Good article by Parker

When you look at the number of players that Manchester City already have in their squad, especially in midfield, it looks as though James Milner will be just another to arrive on big money and not play regular football.

At Aston Villa last season he was one of the first names on the team sheet, but it's not going to be that way at Eastlands.

Milner is highly-praised for his versatility, but I can't see him holding down a regular starting place either on the wings or in the centre of midfield. Due to their recent signings, City have well over a dozen other midfielders in their ranks already. One of those is now a World Cup winner and another was a first-teamer at Barcelona for the past three years.
In footballing terms, I think it is a bad move for him. But if it is money that he is chasing then he's off to the right club.

To leave Aston Villa to go to Manchester City, it must be about money. City may be on a mission to spend their way to the top, but in terms of comparing the two clubs, both historically and in recent years, Villa have more about them. It's certainly not a step forward.

Roberto Mancini is loading himself up with problems, whether he tries to ignores the major egos in the dressing room and persist with a settled side, or whether he adopts a rotation policy to keep everyone happy.

Even when Chelsea were at their most spend-happy under Jose Mourinho, the Portuguese coach managed to keep a strong core within the first team. Mancini is going to struggle to do that with the number of playing staff already on his books as it is, without adding any more.

I personally don't think this will be a good move for Milner. For Villa, however, I think it could be great. They are in line to pocket a tremendous sum of money for a player who I don't think is worth anywhere near that amount.

Once again, last season Villa suffered from the lack of depth in their squad. They just weren't able to last the pace as the race for fourth place neared its end. So a windfall of anything up to the £30 million they are demanding can help Martin O'Neill make several significant signings that will greatly aid them next season.
He was great at times last season, and has improved year on year, but it remains to be seen if he can produce that form consistently. He is also still not proven at international level. It seems to me that City are once again paying well over the odds for a player.

Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger would certainly never dream of paying that kind of fee for a player of Milner's abilities. Not even Harry Redknapp, who is always keen to give English players a chance, would see him as a decent buy at that price.
I'm no fan of Premier League managers shipping in foreign players when there are equally talented Englishmen not being given the same opportunities, but when Milner is going for so much money can you blame them?

I think Bart's arguments are sound. Milner could end up at Harry's Spuds. They have ambition to be a top four and trophy winning side, Spurs have a very good fan base. Yet the same could and should be said for Villa. Which brings me to my question. Why leave Villa?
You could bring the money issue into the matter, but we all know this is the reasoning of fools. What is a few thousand more when you earn so much already?
City has set its agenda out clear enough for all to see. We want to create a side that will not only challenge for domestic honours, but for acknowledgment in world football. We want a dynasty and brand that people will appreciate internationally. Maybe Milner wants that?

I personally don't think Milner is for me. Yes he is undeniably a good player, but there are better ones in his position.

Bart said:
Haven't said it's a fact Milner will stagnate. I said it's reasonable to think he will. I'd love to know why the fella above thinks MON is an idiot as well though. I know many flaws to MON, but he's one of the few managers you can hardly call an idiot IMO.

MON is either an idiot or a liar if you believe those "ITK's". You choose.

Anybody who buys Heskey is a bit of a fool in my book.

Regarding that article, Mancini wants two top players for each position and if we do well in each compeition we could play 70 games.

Bart said:

Good article by Parker

When you look at the number of players that Manchester City already have in their squad, especially in midfield, it looks as though James Milner will be just another to arrive on big money and not play regular football.

At Aston Villa last season he was one of the first names on the team sheet, but it's not going to be that way at Eastlands.

Milner is highly-praised for his versatility, but I can't see him holding down a regular starting place either on the wings or in the centre of midfield. Due to their recent signings, City have well over a dozen other midfielders in their ranks already. One of those is now a World Cup winner and another was a first-teamer at Barcelona for the past three years.
In footballing terms, I think it is a bad move for him. But if it is money that he is chasing then he's off to the right club.

To leave Aston Villa to go to Manchester City, it must be about money. City may be on a mission to spend their way to the top, but in terms of comparing the two clubs, both historically and in recent years, Villa have more about them. It's certainly not a step forward.

Roberto Mancini is loading himself up with problems, whether he tries to ignores the major egos in the dressing room and persist with a settled side, or whether he adopts a rotation policy to keep everyone happy.

Even when Chelsea were at their most spend-happy under Jose Mourinho, the Portuguese coach managed to keep a strong core within the first team. Mancini is going to struggle to do that with the number of playing staff already on his books as it is, without adding any more.

I personally don't think this will be a good move for Milner. For Villa, however, I think it could be great. They are in line to pocket a tremendous sum of money for a player who I don't think is worth anywhere near that amount.

Once again, last season Villa suffered from the lack of depth in their squad. They just weren't able to last the pace as the race for fourth place neared its end. So a windfall of anything up to the £30 million they are demanding can help Martin O'Neill make several significant signings that will greatly aid them next season.
He was great at times last season, and has improved year on year, but it remains to be seen if he can produce that form consistently. He is also still not proven at international level. It seems to me that City are once again paying well over the odds for a player.

Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger would certainly never dream of paying that kind of fee for a player of Milner's abilities. Not even Harry Redknapp, who is always keen to give English players a chance, would see him as a decent buy at that price.
I'm no fan of Premier League managers shipping in foreign players when there are equally talented Englishmen not being given the same opportunities, but when Milner is going for so much money can you blame them?

Its articles like this which wind me up.
A poor attempt at an informed oppinion.

Reality is we wont pay 30 mill. We will prolly stump up around 24 mill. Everyone seems to think that and yet the fee is still refered to as 30 mill and not worth it - your right, its not worth it and thats why we wont pay that.
Its also having a dig at us for paying over the odds for the player - excuse me but MoN is setting the extortinate price and as we have the money we are looking to stump up a large sum of money on an English player. Blame Villa for there silly asking price. Its outfits like them an Everton (ala Lescott last year) who are making English players so damd expensive and killing the national team as a result. Blackpool FC said they simply couldnt afford to buy british.

The article then goes on to say how Fergie and Redknapp wouldnt pay that for Milner - no but thats more to do with the fact that they dont have an unlimited amount of money. IF either of them did have unlimited money and they wanted him then they would pay it but again - the asking price isnt our fault. Should we not buy anyone from this country and take our money outside the prem? The press would love that would'nt they.

It then rants on about how many players we have who wont get a game but omits the obvious and well known fact that as soon as we have finished buying we will be offloading a lot of players. We had all this nonsense last year and then we shipped out a stack of players and at times during the season lacked quality players in certan areas.

Really pissed me off. Versatility will help Milner. If we dont play SWP on the right wing then which genuinly right footed player can we put into this position? Milner - thats it! Sure we can play Johnson there but he's left footed and so offers something different.
Personally im not sure on Milner but that dosnt stop this article being a load of shite.!

Rant over.

he'll have no problems getting a game. right side of the diamond is earmarked for him. if needs be he could play the left side. even behind the strikers at a pinch. mancini used stankovic extensively, JM is exactly the same sort of player.

[/b]Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger would certainly never dream of paying that kind of fee for a player of Milner's abilities.[/b]

Hmmm and what did Baconface pay for Berbaflop - £30+ million peanuts maybe?

Archangel_nth said:
I think Bart's arguments are sound. Milner could end up at Harry's Spuds. They have ambition to be a top four and trophy winning side, Spurs have a very good fan base. Yet the same could and should be said for Villa. Which brings me to my question. Why leave Villa?
You could bring the money issue into the matter, but we all know this is the reasoning of fools. What is a few thousand more when you earn so much already?
City has set its agenda out clear enough for all to see. We want to create a side that will not only challenge for domestic honours, but for acknowledgment in world football. We want a dynasty and brand that people will appreciate internationally. Maybe Milner wants that?

I personally don't think Milner is for me. Yes he is undeniably a good player, but there are better ones in his position.

Regarding your views on money! You're delusional if you think money doesn't play a part in swaying a player to move regardless of his present inflated wage!
It also depends on the players circumstances. The worlds very top players may not be too fazed by their pay packets but the vast majority will think very hard if confronted by an extra £50k-60k a week!
Everyman has his price! You're naive if you think otherwise!

Bart said:

Good article by Parker

clueless comes to mind with you m8,i will say something to you how about he turns into another lampard goes from a mediocre west ham side to an a ambitious chelsea???? villa>>>city or is he just going to be stagnate as you say???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.