Mini cooper

Lemon7277

Evening all...was just seeing if anyone on here owns a mini cooper or cooper s....looking at changing the wife's car in the next few weeks and she whittled her choice down to fancying a mini...just after some feed back on how they are for a general day to day car and if anyone has had problems/issues with there's etc...thanks in advance on any replies

The wife had a Petrol Mini Cooper for 9 years until 2016, doing around 5k a year, it was brilliant, only slight issues were a thermostat Housing Leak which occurred twice (a common problem) which got fixed on warranty and never happened again. I'm sure this isn't a problem on the more recent models. She's now got the mini coupè (2 seat) diesel (cheaper on road tax than petrol) which is more modern and is even better, no problems at all. One thing I've noticed that happened on both is the battery discharges if the car isn't moved for a week or two, not enough for it not to start but just too give a warning message, clears after it's had a run. We've always always purchased year old, low mileage direct from mini, still in warranty and you can often get them with a few years of the TLC package which gives unto 5 years free service. Worth searching on the mini website as the options on mini's are vast you'll be able to get exactly what you want.

Wife had a Hyundai for 5 years then a Mini for 5 years, whilst the Hyundai was a no problem car I cant say the same for the Mini
I remember there is a support for the radiator thats made of plastic, after a slight collision with a high kerb whilst parking the whole fucking cooling system seemed to collapse causing a large repair bill, tyres wore out quicker than any car Ive ever owned (and theyre not cheap) and the timing chain had to be replaced early due to loud rattling.
Overall I thought it was a pretty shitty car. Style over substance.
She's got a Kia now, no problems at all and 7 year warranty.

Evening all...was just seeing if anyone on here owns a mini cooper or cooper s....looking at changing the wife's car in the next few weeks and she whittled her choice down to fancying a mini...just after some feed back on how they are for a general day to day car and if anyone has had problems/issues with there's etc...thanks in advance on any replies
May I congratulate you on the undoubted years of patience and determination it took to get her narrowed down to 1 car maker.

They're nice cars, her inside had one for a few years until kids and dogs made it impractical, bit more room in it and I would have kept it for myself tbh.

The wife has a Cooper S, it goes like a rocket, drives like its on rails, run flat tyres and hard suspension means you feel every bump.
Expensive to tax, however, she loves it.
Check the battery bay for water, the seals around the rear lights can be prone to failure.
As previous poster, eats front tyres.

And do NOT ignore the "tyre pressure low" warning on the dash, like my missus did on hers. For two months. Our lad borrowed the car to go pick a mate up, and rolled it on a bend. The run-flats have strengthened walls, they are good for getting you home at 50mph, and that's it.

Small cars are a death trap..go big go tough go hard and stay safe, Britain's roads are becoming more dangerous day by day. Hope this helps, of course this is just my opinion.

Style over substance. Cost us a fortune when my missus had one. They are nippy and look great but very fragile underneath.

Mrs Balls has had a Mini Cooper convertible for 11 years.
Brilliant car , brilliant fun and no one bit of trouble.

She is getting another one later in the year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.