Mini Derby (now behind closed doors)

Sounds like a great game,if only........

Always good to beat the rags from the swamp!!!It was actually a fairly competitive game even though we won 3 nil. The first goal was a low screamer from Felix Nmecha, the 2nd a curler from Fis Dele-Bashiru with his wrong foot in off a post and the third another excellent shot from Nmecha which caught the keeper out as he cut in from the left.

Again we started with no real center forward but using Ben Knight in that role.That's like Bernado playing center forward.
On the left Ogunby threatened but didnt deliver and on the right Wright Phillips didn't threaten at all and was mostly useless.

In the middle Tommy Doyle, after playing 30 minutes last night, basically bossed the game from the defensive sitting role. A couple of mistakes but overall excellent. Harwood Bellis at center back, also after some minutes last night, was very good and McDonald playing at right back was also very good.

We could have had more in the end, especially with a Charlie McNeil miss but I guess Utd could have scored one as well as they started to threaten once they were 2 down.

Always good to beat the rags from the swamp!!!It was actually a fairly competitive game even though we won 3 nil. The first goal was a low screamer from Felix Nmecha, the 2nd a curler from Fis Dele-Bashiru with his wrong foot in off a post and the third another excellent shot from Nmecha which caught the keeper out as he cut in from the left.

Again we started with no real center forward but using Ben Knight in that role.That's like Bernado playing center forward.
On the left Ogunby threatened but didnt deliver and on the right Wright Phillips didn't threaten at all and was mostly useless.

In the middle Tommy Doyle, after playing 30 minutes last night, basically bossed the game from the defensive sitting role. A couple of mistakes but overall excellent. Harwood Bellis at center back, also after some minutes last night, was very good and McDonald playing at right back was also very good.

We could have had more in the end, especially with a Charlie McNeil miss but I guess Utd could have scored one as well as they started to threaten once they were 2 down.
Cheers Doug,Harwood Bellis is a potential first teamer IMO.

Did the lad Hodge play ? Only seen him play the once but looks a real talent.
No Hodge today, not even on the bench. Maybe with the 16's although I am not sure of his age. I agree though he has looked very tidy in that sitting role when I have seen him even though he is only 2 foot 6 tall.

No Hodge today, not even on the bench. Maybe with the 16's although I am not sure of his age. I agree though he has looked very tidy in that sitting role when I have seen him even though he is only 2 foot 6 tall.
Bazunu, Sobowale and Hodge played for Ireland a couple days ago, and none of them were with the EDS or U18s yesterday/today. They’re probably still on international duty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.