Minority in away end today...

Roger Ringpiece said:
They were sat at the back of the upper tier near the corner, thankfully after the goal the majority took it upon themselves to quickly add the word 'scousers' instead. Bunch of idiots.
I was sat there and they weren't idiots. They sang loads of songs throughout the game and they epitomised what you expect to hear at an away game. The singing is what makes the atmosphere for everybody. The munich song lasted a couple of minutes at the most and if anybody expects the word munich never to be used by City fans again they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

80s Shorts said:
LongsightM13 said:
A small, ragtag rabble of acne and chlamydia-riddled kids pissed on WKD upstairs and on the concourse by the look of it. The same bunch of lobotomised fuckwits were at the 'sing what we want' bollocks as well.
Nobody over the age of about 21 seemed to join in, thank fuck. In fact, I saw more than a few older blues shaking their heads in disbelief

HAha, very well put lol

The same lot that were jumping about and knocking into anyone trying to get past around the bar area - was talking to a steward and he was said he couldn't believe they were showing a complete disregard for the other Blues - He said he thought the united lot were bad but they were worse - united may have been a bunch of tossers but at least they had respect for each other! He was asking why they were doing that (bouncing up and down) in the narrowest part and blocking the way for everyone else - surely could see there women and kids trying to get past. He actually said they were 'disgraceful' and hoped they were proud of themselves behaving like that.

The thing is they probably are proud of themselves.

Men in black - bunch of wankers - but at least they're a bunch of wankers who have respect for their own fans.

On a positive note he thought the Poznan was brilliant depsite his concerns the stand might not take too many more renditions and he was staying near the stairs in case the place started collapsing!

I was at the back on second tier, a few lads started signing ya ya song I was stood right next to a copper, he got on his radio and went up to the lads and said. We are not having any of that at this ground say Munich again and we'll throw you out.

The youngest goalkeeper to ever represent City in an FA Cup Final is also one of the Club’s greatest.

Long before the heroics of Bert Trautmann in the 1956 Final, 19-year-old Frank Swift had represented City at the same stage in 1934.

Having only joined the club at the start of that season, Swift found himself thrown into the deep end as the Blues met Portsmouth in their second final in as many years.

Wilf Wild’s side had lost out to Newcastle in 1933 so the pressure was on City to bring the trophy back to Manchester this time round.

Things couldn’t have started much worse for Swift whose error put Portsmouth in front before the half-hour mark

Playing in a thunderstorm and torrential rain, when Septimus Rutherford’s seemingly optimistic shot was directed towards Swift’s goal, the City backline would have been justly confident of their keeper’s ability to deal with it.

Unfortunately, the ball slipped away from the teenage keeper’s grasp and nestled in the back of the net. The young goalie was understandably crestfallen, but was consoled at half-time by Fred Tilson. The City forward promised Swift that he would score two in the second half to cancel out his fumble and win his side the Cup.

Tilson kept his promise. His second-half brace overturned Portsmouth’s lead and won City the game 2-1. Yet, the emotion of the occasion proved too much for Swift who fainted at the final whistle.

The keeper remained at City for the rest of his career, occasionally appearing for other clubs during the War. He also went on to make more than thirty appearances for his country and was named one of the inaugural members of the MCFC Hall of Fame in 2004.

Just nine years after bringing the curtain down on his magnificent career, the 44-year-old Swift was tragically killed in the Munich air disaster of 1958. Though the terrible events of that day cost eight Manchester United players, City also lost one of their favourite sons who had been covering the Reds’ match as a journalist.

Eccles Blue said:
The youngest goalkeeper to ever represent City in an FA Cup Final is also one of the Club’s greatest.

Long before the heroics of Bert Trautmann in the 1956 Final, 19-year-old Frank Swift had represented City at the same stage in 1934.

Having only joined the club at the start of that season, Swift found himself thrown into the deep end as the Blues met Portsmouth in their second final in as many years.

Wilf Wild’s side had lost out to Newcastle in 1933 so the pressure was on City to bring the trophy back to Manchester this time round.

Things couldn’t have started much worse for Swift whose error put Portsmouth in front before the half-hour mark

Playing in a thunderstorm and torrential rain, when Septimus Rutherford’s seemingly optimistic shot was directed towards Swift’s goal, the City backline would have been justly confident of their keeper’s ability to deal with it.

Unfortunately, the ball slipped away from the teenage keeper’s grasp and nestled in the back of the net. The young goalie was understandably crestfallen, but was consoled at half-time by Fred Tilson. The City forward promised Swift that he would score two in the second half to cancel out his fumble and win his side the Cup.

Tilson kept his promise. His second-half brace overturned Portsmouth’s lead and won City the game 2-1. Yet, the emotion of the occasion proved too much for Swift who fainted at the final whistle.

The keeper remained at City for the rest of his career, occasionally appearing for other clubs during the War. He also went on to make more than thirty appearances for his country and was named one of the inaugural members of the MCFC Hall of Fame in 2004.

Just nine years after bringing the curtain down on his magnificent career, the 44-year-old Swift was tragically killed in the Munich air disaster of 1958. Though the terrible events of that day cost eight Manchester United players, City also lost one of their favourite sons who had been covering the Reds’ match as a journalist.

guess what??..............i never knew that

totallywired said:
blueinsa said:
Yawn!

I have my suspicions that you are nothing but a RAG wum!
Oh shut up, everyones a rag if you disagree with them. Get a life.

I have a fucking life, one that doesn't revolve around coming on here after every fucking match stating how disgusted i am and embarrassed by other Blues!

Your all a bunch of whining fannies who think they can eradicate years of terrace culture over night.

I have my suspicions as to why you all feel it necessary to keep alive threads like this every week knowing full well that it will make the headlines?

totallywired said:
blueinsa said:
Yawn!

I have my suspicions that you are nothing but a RAG wum!

Maybe using 'RAG wum' on such an uneccessarily regular basis is a way of letting lurking rags that you are actually one of them yourself?

Just a thought.

blueinsa said:
totallywired said:

I have a fucking life, one that doesn't revolve around coming on here after every fucking match stating how disgusted i am and embarrassed by other Blues!

Your all a bunch of whining fannies who think they can eradicate years of terrace culture over night.

I have my suspicions as to why you all feel it necessary to keep alive threads like this every week knowing full well that it will make the headlines?

Haha - Couldn't agree more. Trying to sanitise everything - it'll never happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.