Minute's applause for Bert at Newcastle game

laserblue

Not unexpected but a chance for Blues to say goodbye to a true City legend.

Edit: The club's doing quite a bit more to commemorate Bert too.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2013/August/Bert-Trautmann-tributes-at-the-Etihad" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... the-Etihad</a>

What's the latest on whether they will name a stand for him? For me this is a test of whether the owners really understand the club's traditions. A minute's applause and a few events around one game aren't enough, there should be something permanent. If they don't announce the "Bert Trautmann stand" on Monday I fear it won't happen - how long can it take to make such a decision?

Glad we're doing this, we didn't do it for Mike Doyle two years ago.

I have heard from one of his family members that there may be something happening after the game in CITY square so perhaps worth planning to stay around for a bit

willy eckerslike said:
Can we not re-create the bombing of Old Trafford?
Apart from this being in very bad taste, that was Uwe's grandad, not Bert.

For me we should add a statue of him in the memorial garden and re-name that in his honour. The stands should be sold to sponsorship or named after players the majority of fans have seen play live. Yes we have a strong history but Etihad is more about the future than the past

sweenyuk said:
For me we should add a statue of him in the memorial garden and re-name that in his honour. The stands should be sold to sponsorship or named after players the majority of fans have seen play live. Yes we have a strong history but Etihad is more about the future than the past

Myself and alot of other fans never saw Colin bell play live?

So should we be renaming that to the higest bidder???

As much as we are all looking to the future, we should never forget our past! The good, bad and worse. Without it we wouldn't be where we are today!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.