Minutes applause for Juan Guy at West Ham game (44th minute)

Dear Man City fans - I have registered on your forum to ask if you can read and if possibly pin a thread (as a new member I can’t start a post) for the game on Wednesday evening regarding My best friend Juan 'Jukes' Guy who sadly took his own life on 7th February. We are hoping that the fans in the stadium will give our friend a 44th minute applause as this was his age. I have grown up my whole life with him and have never met a more dedicated supporter and he absolutely adored his beloved club Man City. He was a season ticket holder along with his son Charlie for many years. As we live in the Isle of Man, he basically spent most of his wages on flights, hotels (and the odd pint for several!) along with his season ticket and his son. He not only attended home games but he also travelled across for many away games.

I put up a tweet on sat 8th Feb regarding a minutes applause and since then has had over 170,000 views and over 750 retweets including Jamie Carragher, Jason Manford, Leon Mackenzie and even the ex Utd player David May. I have written to your club who have replied to me and are going to write a letter of condolence on behalf of your club which I am so grateful. I have had replies from several of Man City employees - Nic Scott (head of safeguarding), Mark Adams (head of education) and Alex Marlow (communications and charities). Our community are absolutely devastated and his family are heart broken.

On Wednesday evening it will also be mentioned on the BBC sport live website in the run up to the game. I have had many messages from Man City supporters groups on Twitter and Facebook and also West Ham groups with their support for this.

Below are links from our local radio stations regarding Jukes.

If the fans could make this happen, it would be amazing. We all have our fingers crossed.

Kindest regards
Chris Kneen

https://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_614741.html

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/minutes-applause-plea-for-manx-man-city-fan/

https://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_615086.html

This is from the Isle of Man supporters Facebook page:

MCFC IOM Supporters Group
10 February at 16:03 ·
More awful and tragic news from the south of the Island this week. Well known for being a massive City fan and constantly living and breathing the club, Juan ‘Jukes’ Guy has passed away.

Many member of the IOM supporters club travelled with Jukes over the years and his overwhelming and infectious passion for Man City will be missed by all who came into contact with him. All of our members and friends of the group pass our deepest condolences onto family and friends.....Jukes will be sorely missed. He truly was as Blue as they come...utterly dedicated to the Club.

We asked Juan’s friend Chris Kneen to write a few words, summing up Jukes and his love for Man City.

‘So, Jukes and myself lived next door to each other from literally babies and grew up together through school. I support Spurs and obviously Jukes City. The late 80’s, 90’s and early 00’s weren’t great for either of us

I like to think I’m a big fan of Spurs but to be honest I’m absolutely no where near in the same league when it comes to supporting your team as Jukes.... he’s one of the most dedicated and proudest supporters I know.
His son Charlie moved away to Stockport when he was a toddler so was always going over to see him and watch City at the same time and they were both season ticket holders. When Charlie moved back here a few years ago they still went all the time and basically Jukes spent most of his wages watching his beloved team.

Lost count of how many times he’s had to leave the pub to walk around the village when City were winning in the last couple of minutes and hanging on..... he was literally shaking with nerves that’s only from a fan who’s completely dedicated.

The best way I can describe Jukes when it comes to football was when you talk to someone about the game, you normally have to ask the person who they support but everybody who spoke to Jukes already knew he supported City without having to ask even if they didn’t really know him.

I’m glad he’s seen his team win the league (a few times!), I would love that to happen to Spurs but I doubt it

This has devastated not just Port Erin but a large portion of the Island and even across with his connections to City.

Life is never going to be the same for us and will be surreal when walking into the haven and not seeing him sat on the stool looking through twitter at all the City pages and singing Blue Moon when City are playing and mostly winning these days.

Still doesn’t seem real ’

Thanks to Chris Kneen for the very emotional words at such a difficult time.

Richard Burden

Richard - so sorry to hear your news. Fully support your initiative and I’m sure it’ll be well supported. Have you contacted City - I’m sure they’d put a tribute up on the screens at 44 mins.

Richard - so sorry to hear your news. Fully support your initiative and I’m sure it’ll be well supported. Have you contacted City - I’m sure they’d put a tribute up on the screens at 44 mins.

Hi @nmc - I’ve sent a number of emails to Man City and they’ve been brilliant in their response. They have said we can put a message in an official matchday programme which hopefully will do for a game next month. They are also going to send a letter of condolence to the family.

Unfortunately we have not heard anything about putting something on the screen and this would be the ultimate for us but your club have been brilliant never the less. If the fans could do the applause, it would be amazing and be a little comfort to his family and friends.

My twitter account is @kneenaw77 (Chris Kneen) and I’ve pinned my original tweet.

Thanks
Chris K

Sorry for the loss of a mate, fella. Always a shame to hear of things like this! Stay strong for his family.

To lighten the mood in what is obviously a sad thread... he’s got a great name for a song, maybe get this chant going; “Juan Jukes Guy, there’s only Juan Jukes Guy, Juan Jukes Guy, there’s only Juan Jukes Guy”!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.