Mirror article about Kompany and Pellegrini

Ric

Administrator
This could probably have gone in the media bias thread. Or the Pellegrini thread. Or the Kompany thread. But in the new spirit of not merging everything into big topics all the time, I thought I'd start a new one.

The Mirror claim that Pellegrini "refused to allow Vincent Kompany the captain's armband against Sevilla". I'm sure Kompany was wearing the armband when he came on? Am I missing something, or is it The Mirror talking nonsense again?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-citys-manuel-pellegrini-refused-6680309

Toure-Kompany-Pellegrini-armband-main.jpg

You're missing the fact that The Mirror and all those connected (except Simon Mullock of course..) are cockroaches who are no longer concerned with news and would rather sell their grubby little souls for clickbait to the masses.
My life has been so much happier since I binned the papers a few years ago.

A video would be better. You can read or mis-read or not read things from still images.

From the images it looks like Pellegrini is not wanting Kompany to wear the armband, but a video might show something different.

He was wearing the armband when he came on. Whether the players rallied round the captain and went against Manuel's decision is a different matter.

Kompany definitely had a yellow band on on the pitch.

I liked the line "Pellegrini’s handling of Kompany will fuel the suspicion, no matter how much he may deny it, that he is letting the Blues skipper know who is boss."

Self-reinforcing crap. Invent something, have it denied and then disregard the denial - making up the news not reporting it at its tabloid finest.

Perhaps Pellegrini just wanted to give Kompany some final instructions about where he fitted in the line up and what adjustments other players had to make and didn't want the minor distraction of him taking the arm band.

There was confusion over who was coming off, this is a non story. Typical media shit stirrers

How the fuck do they know about it?
Pelle gave Vinny instructions and a pat on his shoulder. It looked all good.
Fuck mirror trying to stir shit again. I wouldn't give a click on their site bait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.