Mirror get it spot on

itisrising

For the wagering types, you can get 3-1 against ­Roberto Mancini waving an imaginary card at the Etihad Stadium today.

And I hope he obliges. I really do. If only for the comedy value of seeing pundits, players and managers, mostly British, scrambling to get aboard the highest horse.

Do me a favour. Judging from his Twitter feed, it seems Wayne Rooney is one getting hot under the collar over Mancini’s antics. He was joined by Mick McCarthy who claimed there was a ­‘cultural difference’ ­involved in this issue.

After the last Premier League games, Mancini’s card charade provoked more disgust than, say, Shaun Derry’s disgraceful challenge on Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye.

In his long career, Derry has amassed 132 yellows and four reds – all of them very real.

Are we really more concerned when a manager implores a referee to take a particular course of ­action than when a player’s physical health is endangered?

Players and managers have been asking ­referees to book or ­dismiss opponents since football began. That some now accompany a plea with a gesture is ­irrelevant.

And the disapproval from Rooney is rich.

If only it had been an imaginary boot that had descended on Ricardo Carvalho’s groin in 2006. If only it had been an imaginary Nike that had connected with Miodrag Dzudovic in the final Euro 2012 qualifier.

They are genuine crimes. Unlike the hand movements of an excitable Italian coach.

I said last week that Mancini might want to calm down.

It is everyone else who needs to calm down.

There is a suggestion the FA might monitor Mancini’s gesticulations. I sincerely hope they have something infinitely better to do.

I hope he does wave a card at Harry, saying,

"Here's your get out of jail free card Harry, cos in the morning you're at Southwark Crown Court on serious charges of tax evasion"

quote courtesy of Lionheart

Well put. This is why I'm falling out with the Premier League., in their eyes some people can do no wrong but a certain few can do no right.

If he does it tomorrow we should all join in "lets all do the card wave la la la la"

Mancini does it and gets lambasted for it, yet still they fail to criticise Rooney et al for doing it. This article is spot on.

He waves what he wants, he waves what he wantssss. Roberts Mancini, he waves what he wants

Hope he doesn't do it tomorrow or ever again. if a manager did it aginst us there would be plenty on this forum on their high-horse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.