Misplaced Optimism

lionheart

If you look at the match prediction thread, you will see that out of 28 predictors (why so few?), no less than 24 predicted a City win, mostly by 2 clear goals. Only 2 of us actually expected a defeat. It seems to me that most Bluemooners simply ignore the quality of the opposition. Perhaps this result and performance will finally cause the majority to wake up and smell the coffee. If we manage to qualify for the Champions League, we should be happy. The likes of Tottenham, Everton and even Liverpool are better than us right now. If we don't pull our fingers out, we could easily finish sixth or lower. That is reality. We should get used to it.

Optimism to you is predicting us to lose 1-0

If half of your personal predictions came up over the last 2 years we'd be in the Championship.

Shockingly, people will more often than not back their own team. As confusing as that concept is to you

lionheart said:
If you look at the match prediction thread, you will see that out of 28 predictors (why so few?), no less than 24 predicted a City win, mostly by 2 clear goals. Only 2 of us actually expected a defeat. It seems to me that most Bluemooners simply ignore the quality of the opposition. Perhaps this result and performance will finally cause the majority to wake up and smell the coffee. If we manage to qualify for the Champions League, we should be happy. The likes of Tottenham, Everton and even Liverpool are better than us right now. If we don't pull our fingers out, we could easily finish sixth or lower. That is reality. We should get used to it.

I am struggling to remember a positive post of yours, what is it with you?

You must have the most ironic username on here.

What? Alright things may not be as good as we thought they would be but 6th or 7th? Dang, we aren't THAT bad.

I was one of the blokes who thought we'd win.
What's the point in supporting a team and then predicting their doom? I know we are going through a rough time but why on earth should we be so pessimistic before we've even kicked a ball?
Bollocks to that. We are supposed to SUPPORT this club. To me that means getting behind them, especially when times are hard. The rags will look at these threads and laugh their knackers off at us.

So you got one right and you feel the need to start a thread to crow about it, you are even more pathetic than I thought you were! I and many others have given you the benefit of the doubt on here but it's becoming clear that all you are is a wind up merchant nothing more nothing less

Ducado said:
So you got one right and you feel the need to start a thread to crow about it, you are even more pathetic than I thought you were! I and many others have given you the benefit of the doubt on here but it's becoming clear that all you are is a wind up merchant nothing more nothing less

Agreed and he has been "sniffed" out by many of us a long time ago.

Ducado said:

He is just usually pessimistic about our performances to come that is all.

Yesterday the side gave alot of us including Lionheart a display to share that view at least until we hope we get back on track against Chelski.

Despite some lacklustre performances during the season and being outclassed by all and sundry in Europe that was not a side that was fair dinkum about representing City.

You can be unlucky or outclassed but if that wasn't a deliberate attempt to show that you cannot be bothered to put in a modicum of effort then I haven't seen much football over the last 40 years.

In politics a royal commission would be in order to uncover why the players chose to do what they did in disgracing themselves and the club.

lionheart said:

You predict a loss every week you fucking gimp, you're bound to get one right eventually. Don't pretend you saw that performance coming because you didn't, no one did...

...but if you did, get in touch with the BBC, they could use a fortune-telling, crystal-ball gazing, wannabe MOD marvel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.