Missing important events to watch City

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FrankSwift1, 11 Jan 2018.

1. Ricster

Ricster

Is your star sign Pyrex?

2. markbmcfc

markbmcfc

Thank you.

Noted :)

3. manchester blue

manchester blue

Missing a TV programme isn't an important event. You could have recorded it and watched it later.

4. peoffrey

peoffrey

I skipped a wedding (not my own) and had a friend give me smarter clothes to wear for the reception afterwards. I changed out of my City gear in the hotel toilets. We beat West Ham something like 2-0. Ishmael Miller ran half the length of the pitch with the ball. The groom was my old neighbour and didn’t appear to notice.

Threw the odd sickie here and there for midweek away trips. Largely crap jobs I didn’t want. I generally don’t do it anymore.

5. Pell

Pell

I skipped my own funeral. Had it the day after.

6. shevtheblue

shevtheblue

My daughter was born 10th September 2016, yeah that's right, Derby Day. All through the night before i was resigned to missing out on it but then she went into labour the early hours of derby day and it was all done. I nominated myself to take my other daughter to the play area at Stepping Hill and watched most of the first half there, until i couldn't find a good enough stream. After that, i watched the second half in spurts by nominating myself to get brews for everyone or going for long toilet breaks :D

7. pierretheblue

pierretheblue

Soz, couldn't resist it :)

8. BOMBER7967

BOMBER7967

On the flip side...I missed the 10-1 v Huddersfield to attend a birthday party for some one I didn't even fucking know, due to pressure from my then girlfriend. That was the day I grew a pair of bollocks, and will never again allow a woman to get in the way of my love for City. That's nothing to do with the reason I'm still single...is it?

9. peoffrey

peoffrey

A good woman should understand. The group of us who head abroad for football contain married men and the agreement with their wives is two nights and no more.

I think that’s fair.

10. BimboBob

BimboBob

How many reach arounds?