Missing important events to watch City

FrankSwift1

Following on from my last thread about potentially missing a Christening to watch city I thought there must be some funny stories out there about people missing wedding, funerals job interviews etc. to watch city. So what’s the biggest occasion you’ve missed to watch a city game or biggest consequence good/bad of watching city?

Sure there are better ones out there but as a young lad working in a supermarket as a student. I loved it, had loads of friends and good pay at the time. Anyway I called in sick to watch the Utd v City game on Thursday 10th November 1994.

That’s right the night they beat us 5-0. To make matters worse my manager a Utd fan saw me in the pub and I ended getting sacked. On the days following 13th May 2012 I remembered this and laughed at the thought that somewhere in the world that bloke is gutted right now.

Our kid was at the 76 cup final. His son was born at half time in Wythenshaw hospital.

I rearranged my sons christening last minute when sky moved our game with a couple of weeks notice. I did say to the wife that obviously I’d go to the Christening but since most of the family would be at City what was the point! We ended up getting the little fella Christened on a Sunday morning and then a load of us went to Maine Road for a 4:00 pm kick off - it was a great day. City won as well.

I had to rearrange my O-level french oral exam as it was on the day of the '81 cup final replay, so had to push and push school and the joint matriculation board. I got a "C" and city lost. Crap all round really. I think the oral was particularly tricky as she was asking me all sorts of questions about football and why I'd asked to change the exam, rather than what a good day Marie-Claude and La Famille Bertillon had had in the park.

I hate spurs...

Some on here are probably old enough to have missed the sacking of Rome in order to see a match...

i sat down for the famous QPR game without my wife sat next to me and the guy opposite said ''why the hell would your wife miss this game of all games when she has been with you to every game for the last 30 years!!?? I informed him that sadly she had passed away :( to which he replied '' oh dear that's awful news,i'm really sorry to hear that but,for such an important game,could you not get another member of the family or a friend to come with you? No i replied, they are all at the funeral :)

We were due to play Birmingham a few seasons back. My brother was getting married part way through the game and I said I join up at full time. Well, phone calls from all over the show saying I couldn't do that. I didn't go to the game in the end, and it ended 0-0 so I didn't miss much.

We were due to play Birmingham a few seasons back. My brother was getting married part way through the game and I said I join up at full time. Well, phone calls from all over the show saying I couldn't do that. I didn't go to the game in the end, and it ended 0-0 so I didn't miss much.

So you didn't miss something important for a game?

Can I have a go?

It was the Cup final replay and my Mother was getting re-married on the same day. I was going to do both but after a lot of people telling me I was selfish I didn't go to the match.

Fuck me...that was easy.

i sat down for the famous QPR game without my wife sat next to me and the guy opposite said ''why the hell would your wife miss this game of all games when she has been with you to every game for the last 30 years!!?? I informed him that sadly she had passed away :( to which he replied '' oh dear that's awful news,i'm really sorry to hear that but,for such an important game,could you not get another member of the family or a friend to come with you? No i replied, they are all at the funeral :)
The old ones are the best

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.