Missing wall - building advice

My Dad did a nice fireplace using condensed milk once.

Seriously though, can you post some pics? What is the wall built out of?
If it has just fallen down due to old age I would expect the rest to follow sooner or later.
I'm picturing a run down old farm house in france with no roof.

My Dad did a nice fireplace using condensed milk once.

Seriously though, can you post some pics? What is the wall built out of?
If it has just fallen down due to old age I would expect the rest to follow sooner or later.
I'm picturing a run down old farm house in france with no roof.
The wall was stone, it's a cottage in bonnie scotland. Roof looks sound except over where wall has fallen.

Apparently the house as inhabited until 2017.

I'll try and get a pic or two, I'm going looking at it in 10 days.

It's probably cheap enough where demolition and rebuilding are an option.

Thanks for all the replies btw

Here you are. Best ive got at the minute.

The blue is some sort of tarp to keep weather out....
13385100e521b5e86e07176acb0dbc1c.jpg

Jamie I am not a builder but that doesn't look right. Walls don't just collapse and yet the rest stay up in good condition, you really need professional advice as it cannot be a matter of it just falling down ! Have you asked the person selling it what happened ?

A decent stone mason should be able to fix that easy enough providing the footings are sound.

You posted just as I did, had I known I would have kept quiet ! But am I right in saying walls don't just fall down ? I certainly agree about a stonemason but I would ask his advice before buying it in case of other issues.

I swing back and forwards between the two views.

One minute I'm all for the risk. Next minute I wanna leave well alone!

No info on why it fell down, but it has been left for a couple of years so could be due to that, ground movement or weather.

Being sold by third party so no info on why.

Could be fun, could be a nightmare haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.