Missing wall - building advice

If the wall is stone / cobb I’d have a wild guess that it’s water ingress from the roof that’s brought it down. The roof still up is a good indication the front and back walls are still sound. Has the listing agent stated ‘no entry’ viewing?

The question is what is holding the roof up?
Steel props? There's not much rubble on the floor as far as I can see in the picture, certainly not just a wall that has fallen down anyway, and surely it would have torn off some roof tiles if it had. This looks like the wall has been purposely taken down for an extension or rebuild. I'd be looking for any planning permission on the property with the local council if it isn't possible to get into the property for an inspection or details aren't forthcoming.

my guess is collapsed chimney, i blown the pic up and you can see the flashing line (paint) on the tiles where they appear to be cut out for the stack, unusual but maybe its dropped away due to mortar decay or as others have said footings or some knob has decided to remove the chimney starting from the bottom 'it happen's' the whole side needs replacing with new footings so providing the rest of the building is sound its not a massive job, i would say around 6-8k to get a scaffold up and brick team in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.