Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

markbmcfc

Anyone driven or got one of these?

Considering buying one as I need a 'more practical family car' according to mrsbmcfc.

Any (constructive) views on these. Got an Alfa Giulia at the minute and I love the thing.

I'm not convinced you save much more on fuel with the phev than a normal diesel. I drove the diesel version of this a while back and it was quite a new engine tbf and you can get it with a 7 seater variant that allows you much more space in the back. The only issue i had with the Outlander was lack of equipment, it doesn't seem to have evolved much since it first came out (you can see from the older models on autotrader) and i'd say you need the Outlander 4 to get enough of the required equipment. I went for the Skoda Kodiaq (and i think Seat have a new one coming out which is VAG as well) as you get so much more for your money. If you're getting a second hand one then just compare the prices, Kia Sorento is quite nice too but again you need one of the better variants to make it worth your while. If you have some money to spend then the Alfa Stevio looks nice too but i've not driven one.

There is also a video on Youtube where they do a comparison test of the PHEV and the Diesel variants on the same run to compare costs (inc the cost of recharging the PHEV).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.