MLB 2019

That is an excellent comparison; wish I'd thought of that.

Were great in the 70s during the "We Are Family" era when they won the World Series. And one of my all-time favorites Roberto Clemente played for them earlier -- a true baseball legend and an amazing man.
Yes Clemente was an amazing guy and 5e bridge over the Allegheny River from downtown to PNC is named after him.

There’s also a statue of Bill Mazeroski, who gave the Pirates their own Aguerooooooo moment when he scored a home run in the 9th innings of the final game of the World Series to win it for Pittsburgh.

Yes Clemente was an amazing guy and 5e bridge over the Allegheny River from downtown to PNC is named after him.

There’s also a statue of Bill Mazeroski, who gave the Pirates their own Aguerooooooo moment when he scored a home run in the 9th innings of the final game of the World Series to win it for Pittsburgh.

That was one of the great World Series endings but before my time. I just remember Big Willie Stargell from the 70s and Dave Parker batted 3/4 and were just clubbers.

Look at this beauty Kent Tekulve with the chaw going, the shades, the huge hat, the ridiculous threads . . . this is all of late 70s US baseball in one picture:

DaL0R75W0AEhGsf.jpg

Another long season ahead for Detroit I feel. Love the sport and going to ball games at tiger stadium and now comerica park was always a great experience. Visited some brilliant ball parks, my favourite was Camden yards in Baltimore.

Another long season ahead for Detroit I feel. Love the sport and going to ball games at tiger stadium and now comerica park was always a great experience. Visited some brilliant ball parks, my favourite was Camden yards in Baltimore.

Humbly, the best ballpark in the USA is here in SF. But Camden Yards was really the first of the "new" baseball-only yards that nearly every city has tried to copy. I used to go to old Memorial Stadium when I went to school in DC (before DC had a team and before Camden Yards) to watch the Orioles.

The Baltimore Orioles are another good shout for a team to follow looking for the "City before money" of baseball -- very provincial, classic old club, beloved by locals; had some great teams in the 60s/70s when Brooks Robinson was their 3rd baseman and Jim Palmer was their ace pitcher and Frank Robinson their star outfielder, managed by the first of the angry firebrand, kick-dirt-on-the-umpires guys, Earl Weaver.

Milwaukee Brewers are another.

I like watching it but the league structures make no sense at all to me, that and the fact they play endless games night after night make it pretty much impossible to get into.
162 games over 6 months is what makes it great. There's no time for rest, you have to keep plugging away. In general teams play 6 or 7 games a week and their off day is often a travel day. Imagine playing in Baltimore on a Thursday afternoon then having a game in Texas the following night, it's such a grind. Maybe it's why Christmas is my favorite time of year to watch City, matches almost every day make it way more exciting.

I watched a bit of it a while ago on BT Sport and literally didn't have a clue what was going on.
It's a very complicated game, it really helps if you've played it or were raised watching it. I'll say about baseball what I learned about "soccer" if there are countless people across the world who like a sport there is probably something to it. You just have to give it a chance.

Love baseball but it’s such a time consuming sport to follow properly that I only really watch it when it gets deep into the playoffs.
Don’t really have a team but got a soft spot for the A’s and Orioles.

Humbly, the best ballpark in the USA is here in SF. But Camden Yards was really the first of the "new" baseball-only yards that nearly every city has tried to copy. I used to go to old Memorial Stadium when I went to school in DC (before DC had a team and before Camden Yards) to watch the Orioles.

The Baltimore Orioles are another good shout for a team to follow looking for the "City before money" of baseball -- very provincial, classic old club, beloved by locals; had some great teams in the 60s/70s when Brooks Robinson was their 3rd baseman and Jim Palmer was their ace pitcher and Frank Robinson their star outfielder, managed by the first of the angry firebrand, kick-dirt-on-the-umpires guys, Earl Weaver.

Milwaukee Brewers are another.
Yes i loved how they had kept the historical feel of the stadium whilst it looking brand new. So much history in it and felt like there wasn't a bad seat in the whole place. Old tiger stadium was like going back to the 1920's, really incredible place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.