MLB 2019

Look at this beauty Kent Tekulve with the chaw going, the shades, the huge hat, the ridiculous threads . . . this is all of late 70s US baseball in one picture:

DaL0R75W0AEhGsf.jpg

Humbly, the best ballpark in the USA is here in SF. But Camden Yards was really the first of the "new" baseball-only yards that nearly every city has tried to copy. I used to go to old Memorial Stadium when I went to school in DC (before DC had a team and before Camden Yards) to watch the Orioles.

The Baltimore Orioles are another good shout for a team to follow looking for the "City before money" of baseball -- very provincial, classic old club, beloved by locals; had some great teams in the 60s/70s when Brooks Robinson was their 3rd baseman and Jim Palmer was their ace pitcher and Frank Robinson their star outfielder, managed by the first of the angry firebrand, kick-dirt-on-the-umpires guys, Earl Weaver.

Milwaukee Brewers are another.

I got to see the Pirates last summer. A classic stadium with views back over the river to the city.

pnc-park-pittsburghjpg-a1b2a1c5ea25434e.jpg

Went to see the Cubs for my 50th birthday in 2014, They were absolutely shite, but enthusiastic about their youth policy, which eventually proved to be correct.
There was a long period when City and the Cubs had a lot in common, so it's good to see them both flourishing.

Really want to get into baseball and tried it last year but lost interest. However ive just finished watching Ken Burns documentary Baseball (which is excellent) and that's peaked my interest again.

I know the basics of the game but the amount of stats they track is crazy so I'll have to learn them.

I'm rooting for The Baltimore Orioles. Yes I know they're shit but I like backing an underdog and seeing how The Wire is my favourite TV show it was a no brainer really.

I found baseball baffling in all honesty, and I think most spectators just go there to eat. And then eat some more.

In all new sports I support the home team I first go to watch. Essendon Bombers, Milwaukee Bucks etc. However with baseball I couldn't bring myself to support the Yankees, the rags of MLB for sure

Washington Nationals fan. Juan Soto is going to be the next big thing and Max Scherzer is the best pitcher in baseball. Could make a run this year?

Yankees for me. 1 game at the old YS in 2007 and 4 games in 2011 at the new YS. Love baseball.

I used to love baseball, but when they stopped showing it on channel 5 my interest gradually waned. It also didn’t help that my team (Mariners) are crap. If they had a great season I’m sure it would help rekindle my interest.

Ive bought tickets for the London series later this year. That should be a good experience.

It's really weird watching a major league game at lunch time in the UK. Great fun though as the Japanese crowds are 1000 times better than the US ones, plus the end of an era with Ichiro finally officially retiring. one of my favourite players I've ever watched, such a unique way of playing the game, yet absolutely perfect at doing it that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.