MLB

moomba

Opening game between the Diamondbacks and Dodgers on ESPN now. It's being played in Sydney, the transformation of the SCG from a cricket/Aussie Rules stadium to a ballpark has been amazing.

Been a Dodger fan since the 80's, and very excited about the game today and the season ahead.

It's an expensive night out mate;$300 a pop for tonight,$40 hot dogs!.
We've been expecting a storm all day here,does it get rained off?.

I love baseball, great game i think. I spent 4 years in the Detroit area and really got into baseball. Been back a few times and always try and get to a tigers game. Unfortunately when i was there they were awful, lost 130 games in a season. Much better now and should be in the mix for the world series.

Mets fan myself.

Was in SF in 94 and met a Mets coach in a bar, gave us 4 free tickets for game at Candlestick Park so been a fan ever since

Used to watch it on Channel 5 years back and got interested enough that I'd actively watch rather than have in the background but I don't really see much of it any more.

Good game though.

Where's buckshot to tell us all how great the Phillies are, and the Muts as he call s the Mets as the worst team in the history of sport ;-)

Damocles said:
Used to watch it on Channel 5 years back and got interested enough that I'd actively watch rather than have in the background but I don't really see much of it any more.

Good game though.

Exactly this for me also. I'd be up all the time on Sundays as a student getting essays done and would pretty much always have Channel 5 on. There was the one guy with the goatee who knew his stuff and the other guy looked like somebody they had dragged from the QVC channel.

Will place an occasional eye on the Toronto Blue Jays to see how they are doing.

Tigers fan myself, not really sure what to expect this season.

pudge said:
Tigers fan myself, not really sure what to expect this season.

Great choice, Tigers should win their division again and probably have the best starting pitching in all of baseball so should be a very good year again for Detroit. Hopefully an improved bullpen will taake them that step further.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.