MLS / New York City thread

That will please those at the top of GFC.

After City, NYCFC is probably the most high-profile club in the group.
I feel like City's ladies team is more high profile than NYCFC. I live near Philly and didn't even realize they were playing them this weekend.

Lovely city, Philadelphia.

We were there in November 2017. We went into a church -possibly Christ Church - near Benjamin Franklin's grave,,and got talking to the pastor, whose name was Neil.

His father was stationed in Manchester during the war, and he therefore had a soft spot for City. We spent ages chatting to him without once mentioning religion.

He is a big Eagles fan, and couldn’t believe the season they were having.
Chances are that his father served in the same unit as my father, who fell in with some Blues, leading to trips to Manchester in my youth to visit Maine Road with my dad, his Manc mates and some of their sons. Leading to me being a lifelong Blue. A long way from Philadelphia, but I suppose fighting a war together leads to some unbreakable bonds.
We're all big Eagles fans and the parallels between city history and Eagles history are uncanny.

That will please those at the top of GFC.

After City, NYCFC is probably the most high-profile club in the group.
Montevideo Torque City also qualified for the Copa Libertadores yesterday too (the South American equivalent of the Champions League), so a very successful day for CFG. I've looked at the league table and I don't understand how or why, but they have definitely qualified, so a good day. No chance of winning it, but will be good for them financially.

NYCFC have to win their match to qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League, otherwise they wont participate in it.

I've ever been to that side of the pond, but would love to see the Liberty Bell, which inspired a local lad, John Souza, to write a march in it's honour.
We Brits recognise it immediately as the intro to a rather well known iconic TV series.
It's.....

I wasn’t aware of the story behind its composition, but I did know which TV show it is/was the theme music for.

As a proud son of Philadelphia, I never realized that it was a part of one of the most humorous TV. shows ever. My Dad, who I've mentioned in this thread previously, was thrilled when it was shown here on public television here in the early 70's.
Looking back at my Old Man's legacy, I should be quite proud that he introduced me to 3 of my most enjoyable endeavors, Football, City and Monty Python.
Apologies to #gordondaviesmoustasche, as I know that I spelled humorous and endeavors incorrectly. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.