Mobile phone problem

ok we live in Ecuador, I got a nice nokia phone in the uk last week, am back home now. unlocked, it wont pick up a signal here, and for the life of me I cant get it to work. is it a lost cause or can it be fixed, would like some help on this as phones here are so, so expensive.

Ecuador wow.....I imagine its a bit like living in Glossop but with everyone speaking Spanish rather than clampitt.

in the uk last week I got 2 phones to bring back as they are bloody expensive here. I got a nokia, one with buttons as cant stand touchy thingys. back here in Ecuador I put a local sim card in only to be told that the phone works on 900, its 850 over here, so can I change the phone or is it never going to work here?
also got a mobiwire from asda as a back up, only £15, don't think this works either as all I get is sim blocked.
any ideas please
ta lads

in the uk last week I got 2 phones to bring back as they are bloody expensive here. I got a nokia, one with buttons as cant stand touchy thingys. back here in Ecuador I put a local sim card in only to be told that the phone works on 900, its 850 over here, so can I change the phone or is it never going to work here?
also got a mobiwire from asda as a back up, only £15, don't think this works either as all I get is sim blocked.
any ideas please
ta lads
Sell them on Ebay probably your best bet

My old Nokia doesn't work in North America. Something about the band's I forget. Nothing you can do about it. I'd keep them for 30 years and sell them on. That's what I I do with all old electronics!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.