Moment(s) of the season

In complete isolation, ie, if I got shot in the head before seeing the conclusion then the first 45 minutes againt the rags at home were right up there for pure football enjoymen, it ended badly though, like a heroin addiction.

besides that, Sterling's winner against Southampton for individual moment, the complete dismantling of Spurs and Chelsea at home were very enjoyable too. It was hard to fully appreciate and take in how much we'd improved from last season.

Chelsea away was the moment of realisation that this team were in for a brilliant season. Being so utterly dominant against the current champions in their own back yard and at a time in the season where Chelsea looked reasonably strong was a real statement and being in that crowd was incredible. Bournemouth away was arguably more vital though as we wasn't flowing at the start but that win really brought the team together and set the tone for that incredible winning streak and gave us belief in later games like Huddersfield and Southampton that we would fight until the final whistle and find ways to win when it doesn't look on.

Arse away... GNev has just spoken about it..

My personal choice would be Sterling's (9th minute of?) stoppage time winner at Bournmouth. It had been a real hard fought match and the goal sent us into the international break with 7 points from 9 rather than 5 and the win started our record run of wins.

Mendy hobbling down the line to celebrate!

So many moments and the season is not over yet so maybe a few more special memories to come

Kevs goal at the bridge. Up to then, i was just hopeful, but, at that minute, i just went WOW, we really are good.

Bernardo Silva made a fantastic solo run and than scored an even better goal, but was bizarrely overruled. Linesman ruled it out, as Leroy Sane, who wasn’t in an offside position, was supposedly blocking goalkeeper’s sight of the ball.

This is an actual rule, but only if the player is in a offside position, which Sane wasn’t.

Even more strange is the fact that this match uses VAR, but somehow it wasn’t used.

The day I knew VAR would never be used in the premier league...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.