Money saving tips much needed

Ditch Platinum from your season ticket. EVERYBODY should do that!

‘Just give us £50 a year and we’ll make out you’re a more loyal fan’.

Robbing fuckers.

Get rid of your car
Biggest waste of money in our lives. And if you really could walk or cycle to work (it might sound stupid at first but when I first did it I lived an hour’s walk from work but I just got up earlier in the morning and I really enjoyed it), do it! If you spread petrol costs (£100/month), insurance (£15/month), tax (£10/month), MOT (£50), Service (£50), new windscreen wipers and tyres (not renewed every year but they’d still add into this over time), car wash (£5 every three months), plus the little things like air freshers etc. over the year I reckon you could save yourself around £1,400. You could buy a £700 bicycle that’ll last you until some scrote nicks it.
Fixed it for you.

Bin the gym
You can train anywhere for free. Let’s say you’re at Pure Gym which is £21.99 a month would be £263.88 saving a year.

Stop paying the Tv Licence
As long as you don’t carry on watching live tele and BBC iPlayer, you can still legally watch all the free apps (ITVx Channel4 My5 UKTVplay FreeVee Pluto Plex YouTube Dailymotion Vimeo etc.) and watch things on online sites all without a Licence. £13.25 a month is a £159 saving for a year.

Get rid of your car
Biggest waste of money in our lives. And if you really could walk or cycle to work (it might sound stupid at first but when I first did it I lived an hour’s walk from work but I just got up earlier in the morning and I really enjoyed it), do it! If you spread petrol costs (£100/month), insurance (£15/month), tax (£10/month), MOT (£50), Service (£50), new windscreen wipers and tyres (not renewed every year but they’d still add into this over time), car wash (£5 every three months), plus the little things like air freshers etc. over the year I reckon you could save yourself around £1,400. You could buy a £700 bicycle that’ll last you years and you’d be thousands of pounds up over those years. You can even ditch the car and pay for taxis for cheaper than running your own car.

Don’t put your heating on unless you really have to
Humans survived without central heating for thousands of years as a species until we came up with it and we didn’t go extinct before we thought it up. A British Winter is quite mild, we only get the odd freezing snaps. So set your thermostat to only come on if it gets below 6°C and just wear a jumper or have a blanket for your legs when watching tele. And switch off everything in your house in other rooms that your aren’t using (my Mam+Dad put their under the cupboard spot lights on in the evening so the kitchen looks like a showroom in Wren but they’re sat in the living room watching tele and not even in the kitchen!) and I estimate you’d save yourself £30 a month from October to March (£180).

Batch cook your meals from scratch in a slow cooker and buy from places like the wholesalers in Cheetham Hill, and cut out shite (also called ‘treats’) from Monday-Friday… maybe even do intermittent fasting and only eat dinner and tea at midday and five (so no breakfasts) which is supposed to be a healthy way to eat.
Hard to estimate the savings on this but I reckon your food bills could go down £200 per month by buying all ingredients from scratch at places like Manchester Superstore, and you had no puddings, biscuits or sweets at all through the week (they’re killing you anyway).

That comes to an estimate of £4,402.88 if you walked to work. £3,602.88 if you bought a £700 bike and a £100 slow cooker (you don’t even have to spend anywhere near that much!) but then over £4.4k per year after that.

I agree about cooking meals and not buying treats. If you learn how to cook and prepare food it can save you so much time and money. I know lots of people at work, who work 5 days a week, and spend roughly 5 pounds (at least) a day on food, drinks, etc, either from the overpriced cafeteria, Starbucks, M&S food and so on. Fiver a day, 25 pounds in a week, Monday-Friday. 4 weeks in a month = £100. Over a year, over £1000. Little things add up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.