Money Saving Tips

Mayor West said:
Big one, give up sky, we gave it up and don't miss it one bit. That's I've £700 a year saved.

A good point..

I love those people who claim they are on the breadline and don't have enough money to live, yet have a big flat screen TV and sky package including sports and movies..

Pigeonho said:
Mayor West said:
Big one, give up sky, we gave it up and don't miss it one bit. That's I've £700 a year saved.
Sounds sad but couldn't live without Sky, multiroom especially. Some of the best £85 a month I spend.

Well at least stop paying the full amount for it, phone Sky up and say you want to cancel as its costing to much...... they will offer you X amount of free months viewing or a reduced price etc etc

Also if you can stand a few monts without Sky then cancel because they will soon send you emails with offers of 12months @ half price like I keep getting.

Also join/use Quidco.com for anything and everything, if the misses wanted to buy a dress from some shop in the T Center I told her to go try it on and get look at what size she needs.
Then went onto quidco bought it online with cashback.
Used quidco for flights, hotels, insurance, mobile contracts, electrical purschases, grocery shopping etc etc got back over 1800 pounds so far.

Not used it much now as i dont live in the UK anymore.

Go on websites like: http://www.hotukdeals.com/, good offers on their.

Grolsch30 said:
Pigeonho said:
Mayor West said:
Sounds sad but couldn't live without Sky, multiroom especially. Some of the best £85 a month I spend.

Well at least stop paying the full amount for it, phone Sky up and say you want to cancel as its costing to much...... they will offer you X amount of free months viewing or a reduced price etc etc

Also if you can stand a few monts without Sky then cancel because they will soon send you emails with offers of 12months @ half price like I keep getting.

Also join/use Quidco.com for anything and everything, if the misses wanted to buy a dress from some shop in the T Center I told her to go try it on and get look at what size she needs.
Then went onto quidco bought it online with cashback.
Used quidco for flights, hotels, insurance, mobile contracts, electrical purschases, grocery shopping etc etc got back over 1800 pounds so far.

Not used it much now as i dont live in the UK anymore.

Go on websites like: http://www.hotukdeals.com/, good offers on their.

Just looked at quidco. Looks brilliant. I want to buy something just to get cash back!!

cancel the gym membership

buy some weights on e-bay and go running

Balti said:
cancel the gym membership

buy some weights on e-bay and go running

Thought about this, but for what i do/want from the gym i'd have to spend alot of money on weights..

So i'd need a bench, some dumbbells of diff weights or the one's where you can change the weight, then i'd also need an olympic bar and plenty of weight plates so i could then change the weight depending on exercise etc..

Churchill123 said:
Thought about this, but for what i do/want from the gym i'd have to spend alot of money on weights..

So i'd need a bench, some dumbbells of diff weights or the one's where you can change the weight, then i'd also need an olympic bar and plenty of weight plates so i could then change the weight depending on exercise etc..

Thought about this myself - you would need somewhere to store the weights and obviously an area to do it. Plus you can run at anytime at the gym and the weather is not an issue. Swimming pool there if required as well. And sometimes a bit of eye candy. At £25 a month I am happy paying it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.