moonchester

big blueballs said:
danburge82 said:
I recall my mate Sterling said his Dad - Chris Sievey (Frank Sidebottom!) - thought him up! Sterl was Moonchester once at Maine Road!
so was your mate little frank

and there's me thinking he was a paper machet puppet

Aye! We've all got paper machet heads in Timperley!

Interstate 5 said:
16 August 1996, first game of the season v Ipswich.
Was gonna say mid-nineties. I remember reading the match programme in which he made his first appearance in a comic book type effort. I read that in the City Social Club so it had to be before Div 2 days because they'd turned it into the souvenier shop by then.

there was a vote in the programme between a choice of 3. moonchester, the little kid kicking the ball up on the junior blues badge, and something else i can't quite remember. i seem to recall moony being the rank outsider. i believe there was already an alien head going spare so moony was always going to win. the earlier post about his 'debut' being at home to ipswich rings true.

citykev28 said:
there was a vote in the programme between a choice of 3. moonchester, the little kid kicking the ball up on the junior blues badge, and something else i can't quite remember. i seem to recall moony being the rank outsider. i believe there was already an alien head going spare so moony was always going to win. the earlier post about his 'debut' being at home to ipswich rings true.

If memory serves I think the 3rd option was a caped crusader-type character. The guy who devised Moonchester was called Mick Peek; he worked in the club's commercial department in the mid 1990s.

There has only been one Moonbeem but there has been about 7/8 Moonchesters. Moonchester was single for about 4/5 years.

I remember being mascot v leeds. In the 00-01 season, lost 4-0. Must only be a couple of years before that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.