Moral dilemma

Was it alcohol Andy ?
2L bottles of gin a day, you only get through it by wanting to, can’t force people to change but I can empathise with their pain, it’s great having a moral high ground and for the life of me I don’t know if I did the right thing, but I’ve been there and it’s a dark place.

I bought the homeless guy who sits outside the asda near me some hot chicken from the deli

He turned it down and said he doesn’t like chicken. Couldn’t believe it!!!

I remember going to a petrol station on Shoreditch High Street one night and walked past a young woman begging outside the door. Bought my fags and decided to buy a pasty, crisps and a can of coke. As I came out I handed them to her. I'll be honest I felt quite good about myself.

She then looked at me with disgust and contempt then uttered 'well that ain't gonna pay the bills is it'? And chucked them on the floor. I laughed out of shock, picked up said items and chucked them in the bin. Shouldn't paint all in the same light but I've not done it again since.

I don't know what it's like in Manchester but locally to me there are loads of detox treatments available which are free on the NHS and support groups. It's not a hopeless situation should people show the wherewithal to want to get clean. Accommodation is a whole different kettle of cod though. During the winter months many shelters open up for the homeless. However many won't accept people who are using either drugs or alcohol so many prefer to stay on the street. It's a vicious circle alright, but the help is there to get clean

I don't give money to bums very often anymore since I saw a bloke counting a roll of bills he pulled from his pocket which apprwaedf to be more than I made in a week at that time.

That being said, if one says something like, "Sir, I'm hungry can you spare some money so I can eat?" I'll tell them to stand by I'll be right back and buy them a sandwich and a bottle of water or a coffee depending on the weather.

If I'm a little pissed and a wino is asking for money on occasion I'll say I'll give you some but enterain me. Don a dance, sing me a song or tell a joke. At least they are earning it. I think that makes both parties feel better about the situation.

I bought the homeless guy who sits outside the asda near me some hot chicken from the deli

He turned it down and said he doesn’t like chicken. Couldn’t believe it!!!

My lad was working in town last week and went Macdonalds, came out with burgers and chips for a homeless guy, made me really proud tbh.

Homeless guy in Newcastle approached me this week, he was completely straight with me, said he was an alcoholic and could I help him out, I’ve not been far off the same in my life, gave him a fiver but feel like I should have got him a good meal and a pint, I’m not known for being soft hearted, but it’s playing on my mind, not sure there’s a question in that ;-)

You did the kind thing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.