More trams

I stayed til the end in the south stand, from leaving my standing position (I'm in 115) to getting home, took me just under 5 hours 30 minutes.

Was great bumping into Saints fans at the services on the way home though ;o)
What a difference that goal made to your journey home. Every credit for that though, that’s some trek on a cold Wednesday night.

Sort out blue car park.....we left early also or it takes one hour to get off car park.....this stadium has out grown local infra structure.....what was its capacity for common wealth games....that was probably about its ideal maximum for ease of exit or entry.
Ground expansion will need to go hand in hand with something or it could. Take two hours to clear car park !

You should leave after the final whistle, as I do. I park on blue car park and it has never taken me an hour to get off.

If there was more trams , wouldn’t people be tempted to do a kind of park and ride - drive to tram stop , park up then jump on a tram . I know it’s free parking at Alty station and the tram ticket is about the same as you’d pay for parking near the ground . Gotta be quicker getting tram back to Alty rather than driving there after a match
Good point. Nearer home Lancaster even manage an excellent park and ride

The problem is this going back to town all available transport use the same road.

The thousands of fans who walk back to town use the road

The buses taking fans to town use the same road as the fans walking into town

Then the trams going back to town/altrincham use the same roads that the buses use and the fans walking use

The cars going that way use the same road as the fans walking, the buses and the trams

I wonder why it’s slow?

I along with three other season ticket holders got home at 3-45am, met Soton fans on the way home all of whom apologized for their teams deliberate time wasting . At Brighton there's a free public bus and rail service within a ten mile area of the ground and there's plenty of transport layed on to get you away from the ground in all directions, City have enough money to put this service on for us fans .don't they?
Again at Brighton the buses and trains run for two and half hours after the final whistle so, those who stay and have a drink have no worries getting away either.

That’s down south we all know down south you get 2000000000 times more spent on public transport than us northerners. We are expected to walk uphill and do rolly poly downhill to get there and pay for privilege. I bet those free buses have heaters and WiFi too, possibly even a loo.

Stayed till the end last night in the Family Stand. From leaving my seat to getting home took 1 hour and I live 30 miles from the City Centre. Buzzing all the way home. If I'd have left 5 mins earlier I'd have felt robbed.

I always stay till the end and am in SS3 and it always takes me over an hour to get home and I only live in Haughton Green.
By time I get out of the ground and get to the tram then wait for bloody tram then usually half an hour to Ashton, get picked up in Ashton and back home it's over an hour.
The teams are usually single units and absolutely hammered but credit to Metrolink on weds as they had a double unit to Ashton..happy days.
But like you mate I would have been gutted if I had missed a last minute winner...mind you plenty did.
The traffic around the ground is terrible and it is worse at night games even though people leave early.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.