More trams

Metrolink is still an abysmal service not fit for purpose.
It'd be perfect if it wasn't for the passengers. That's what screws it up.

The problem is nearly everyone having to go via the City centre. It takes so long it really is quicker and cheaper by car for most.

If they had shuttle buses running to Crumpsall and Gateway metro stations on the Bury and Rochdale/Oldham lines, I'd reckon it would seriously improve the service.

Stayed til the end in SS3 as usual, bounced around twice in the last minute for both 'goals', brilliant it's what we go for surely.

First time in the car this season usually have beer with tram there and walk back into town. Couldn't believe how busy it was getting away in Newton Heath area especially with all the leavers.

The section of road the tram line shares needs to be be made tram only and All trams that go to Piccadilly for 2 hours before a game and 2 hours after should go to the Etihad (with a gradual change over period of 20 mins at eitger end of this slot).
As to the North Car park it has A garbage layout and needs to be reworked so people can walk to their cars while people 're driving out of the car park. The light sequences taking cars away from the ground need to be radically changed but they haven't done anything about that for 10 years so why would they start now.

It'd be perfect if it wasn't for the passengers. That's what screws it up.

The problem is nearly everyone having to go via the City centre. It takes so long it really is quicker and cheaper by car for most.

If they had shuttle buses running to Crumpsall and Gateway metro stations on the Bury and Rochdale/Oldham lines, I'd reckon it would seriously improve the service.

Sorry but used it for 2 years and gave up in February.
It's a joke at rush hour, no space to sit, crushed and unreliable/dangerous. Also baffling that they send one single tram to Manchester full and a double to Altrincham with no one one it.
It's also hit by daily problems that simply don't happen in other countries.
Sorry but Metrolink is hopeless.

The section of road the tram line shares needs to be be made tram only and All trams that go to Piccadilly for 2 hours before a game and 2 hours after should go to the Etihad (with a gradual change over period of 20 mins at eitger end of this slot).
As to the North Car park it has A garbage layout and needs to be reworked so people can walk to their cars while people 're driving out of the car park. The light sequences taking cars away from the ground need to be radically changed but they haven't done anything about that for 10 years so why would they start now.

It'll be something that is sorted when plans for the campus are eventually finalised
I think a pedestrian bridge from Joe Mercer way over the car park service road will be built

I live in Northwich. I stayed to applaud the players off, walked to the car,got to the M60 @10.22 and was home @10.55
We drove back to Northwich. Obviously we didn't give a shit about traffic cos we felt ace, but it was bloody busy the first mile or two. Took ages to find a parking spot before too.

Well done,especially for a mid weeker, I've always thought though the greater the distances we travel the less difference 1/2 an hour saved by leaving early makes. Just the 3 1/2 hours for me. It always seems to me the locals and those that go every week are the ones leaving early, can tell because they usually stand in the way saying their good byes. I assume you aren't an every game regular, if you are even better done..
As for transport and parking I would guess it will form part of the campus consultation going on.
I do 90/95% of homes and around 60-75% of aways mate. Had a season ticket barring a couple of years since 98. was a lot easier when we were at Maine Road, straight out onto Princess Parkway then the M56, A556 and M6, job done!

And yes, you are right, most of the lads I know that come from far away, stay to the end every game, can always do an extra 5mph on the way home to make up the 20 minutes or so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.