Morgan Rogers | Signed by Middlesbrough

Just saw he got 2 assists in their current match.

That's true, would be nice for them to go up and just keep Rogers there.

Maybe we can convince them to take another loanee also, since this has worked out so well. Perhaps Palmer on his opposite flank.
Just checked and he won the pen AND the free kick that led to the other 2 goals, so had a hand in all 4 goals. Impressive debut season. Lincoln's run in doesn't look bad so they should be making the playoffs at least.

Edit: damn, I should have checked the remaining posts before replying :(

This loan appears to be going very well. First saw him play against us for West Brom in the Youth Cup and he looked lazy. This continued after he joined us. However, this move seems to have given him a reality check and, hopefully, he might now be in a position to achieve his full potential.

Biased because I'm from Lincoln but I think another season with the Imps will do him a world of good, no matter what division it ends up being in. I actually think it would be more beneficial for him if it's in League 1 as Lincoln are a possession based side under Appleton which suits his game, things will change if they end up in the Championship.

Technically he's fantastic and too good for the level he's playing at but he still has a lot of developing to do in other parts of his game.

Appleton is great with younger players and with the way he wants his teams to play, I think a relationship between the two clubs could be a win/win!

That being said, I think a player like Delap joining Lincoln would be great for them but not for City. I think he needs a Championship move as a minimum if he's not going to be in our first team plans next season. Palmer would be a good shout though!

This loan appears to be going very well. First saw him play against us for West Brom in the Youth Cup and he looked lazy. This continued after he joined us. However, this move seems to have given him a reality check and, hopefully, he might now be in a position to achieve his full potential.
Agree,and i think Nmecha needs a similar loan to see the best of him too.

That being said, I think a player like Delap joining Lincoln would be great for them but not for City. I think he needs a Championship move as a minimum if he's not going to be in our first team plans next season.

There's a decent chance they are in the championship next season! They should be in the play-offs, 4 point cushion and 2 games in hand over 7th place Oxford.

Automatic promotion is not out of the question either - They're 9 points behind Peterborough, but with a game in hand and they play each other, so never say never.

Biased because I'm from Lincoln but I think another season with the Imps will do him a world of good, no matter what division it ends up being in. I actually think it would be more beneficial for him if it's in League 1 as Lincoln are a possession based side under Appleton which suits his game, things will change if they end up in the Championship.

Technically he's fantastic and too good for the level he's playing at but he still has a lot of developing to do in other parts of his game.

Appleton is great with younger players and with the way he wants his teams to play, I think a relationship between the two clubs could be a win/win!

That being said, I think a player like Delap joining Lincoln would be great for them but not for City. I think he needs a Championship move as a minimum if he's not going to be in our first team plans next season. Palmer would be a good shout though!
I was wondering about how Lincoln play earlier as according to the BBC match report, Lincoln had just 35% possession at home against a mid table side in MK Dons. Is that a typo maybe?

I was wondering about how Lincoln play earlier as according to the BBC match report, Lincoln had just 35% possession at home against a mid table side in MK Dons. Is that a typo maybe?

Maybe I used the wrong word with possession based but they try and get the ball on the deck, play decent football and use wingers high and wide. Surprised its as low as that though to be honest.

Just checked and they've averaged just under 51% possession this season which is decent considering some of the big clubs in the league.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.