Morrissey - The Falkland Islands belong to Argentina

SWP's back said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Because "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" wouldn't make any sense otherwise would it? ;-)

The will of the local people is what Northern Ireland and The Falklands have in common.
As a footnote, I have always said partition in 1921 was a mistake, but we have to take the world as we find it in many instances - for better or worse - and this is one of those occasions.

So..... you invade a country, install lots of ''your people'' to live and work there (and make sure you don't employ any indigenous people), so much so that over time, ''your people'' become the majority and then everything else you do in that land is alright to do so, because the majority go along with it! Great!
How do you "invade" a country with no inhabitants? When the country that now claims them didn't even fucking exist at the time?

I was referring to Ireland.

Gelsons Dad said:
BlueRob01 said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Because we were the first nation to settle there. Before Argentina even existed. We did not conquer any indigenous population and there is no evidence of any earlier settlements.

Now this may be a radical idea I know, but if anybody there wants to remain British they can.
Come and live in an island called Britain.
Simple.

They don't want to.
Because they have always live in the Falklands. They are Falkland Islanders.
Unlike Morrissey, I've been there many many times and met many many Falkland Islanders. I also have a reasonable understanding of the history of the place and the feelings of the Islanders.

me too mate

I think some on here think the Falkland Islanders are a conquered people lol

they could not be more British and have been the same for centuries

(of course they'll be fucked when the jocks fuck off and ''Britain'' is just but a memory)

stony said:
Typical Morrissey really, he was an opinionated gobshite in the 80s and he's still an opinionated gobshite now.
He's as cynical as they come, talks out of his arse to get a bit of publicity and his fans lap it up.
Also an arse licker who thinks he's bono or bob geldof.

Balti said:
Gelsons Dad said:
BlueRob01 said:
Now this may be a radical idea I know, but if anybody there wants to remain British they can.
Come and live in an island called Britain.
Simple.

They don't want to.
Because they have always live in the Falklands. They are Falkland Islanders.
Unlike Morrissey, I've been there many many times and met many many Falkland Islanders. I also have a reasonable understanding of the history of the place and the feelings of the Islanders.

me too mate

I think some on here think the Falkland Islanders are a conquered people lol

they could not be more British and have been the same for centuries

(of course they'll be fucked when the jocks fuck off and ''Britain'' is just but a memory)

GD like this

TCIB said:
BlueRob01 said:
TCIB said:
Because we fought and died for them and won. The same way land disputes have been settled since forever.

Doesn't make it right though surely? In the Falklands or anywhere.

Well it does though as it has been the accepted way since civilized society formed and before that.

It may offend some peoples ideals and sensibilities but thats just tough luck really.

You have seen pacific salmon swimming back up the river to lay eggs right ?. Now at the top of all the waterfalls, you see the biggest bear in the best spot.
Why ?, because he fought for it and he wanted it more.
It is the same principle really, our people wanted it more.

It's only accepted by those that win..
Not sure those that are taken over (and usually killed), in whatever guise it is undertaken would agree with the principle.
As for wanting it more, I would suggest that economic and military strength may have had something to do with it.
As does the political expedience of the most vile woman in recent history.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
SWP's back said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
So..... you invade a country, install lots of ''your people'' to live and work there (and make sure you don't employ any indigenous people), so much so that over time, ''your people'' become the majority and then everything else you do in that land is alright to do so, because the majority go along with it! Great!
How do you "invade" a country with no inhabitants? When the country that now claims them didn't even fucking exist at the time?

I was referring to Ireland.
I'll leave that can if worms well alone.

But I hate do religion and sectarianism

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Because "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" wouldn't make any sense otherwise would it? ;-)

The will of the local people is what Northern Ireland and The Falklands have in common.
As a footnote, I have always said partition in 1921 was a mistake, but we have to take the world as we find it in many instances - for better or worse - and this is one of those occasions.

I thought I had made my feelings on partition clear, but that does not seem to have filtered through for some reason.

What would your solution be to Northern Ireland and The Falklands? Based on your previous posts I bet they both end in Guerilla war and mass bloodshed.

Sorry, you did make your point clear.... was too busy typing the reply to read properly!
My solution? Well the current way has ended up in war and bloodshed and I guess any solution will never please anyone.
Maybe this is one for ''Ask Glen''?

BlueRob01 said:
TCIB said:
BlueRob01 said:
Doesn't make it right though surely? In the Falklands or anywhere.

Well it does though as it has been the accepted way since civilized society formed and before that.

It may offend some peoples ideals and sensibilities but thats just tough luck really.

You have seen pacific salmon swimming back up the river to lay eggs right ?. Now at the top of all the waterfalls, you see the biggest bear in the best spot.
Why ?, because he fought for it and he wanted it more.
It is the same principle really, our people wanted it more.

It's only accepted by those that win..
Not sure those that are taken over (and usually killed), in whatever guise it is undertaken would agree with the principle.
As for wanting it more, I would suggest that economic and military strength may have had something to do with it.
As does the political expedience of the most vile woman in recent history.

you're right there at least

that Kirchner is fucking ugly!

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

I thought I had made my feelings on partition clear, but that does not seem to have filtered through for some reason.

What would your solution be to Northern Ireland and The Falklands? Based on your previous posts I bet they both end in Guerilla war and mass bloodshed.

Sorry, you did make your point clear.... was too busy typing the reply to read properly!
My solution? Well the current way has ended up in war and bloodshed and I guess any solution will never please anyone.
Maybe this is one for ''Ask Glen''?

I wouldn't ask glen on this one if I were you - his Loyalist tendencies are pretty robust IIRC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.