Morrissey - The Falkland Islands belong to Argentina

TCIB said:
Balti said:
TCIB said:
Argentina had a similar military budget to us, and weaponry. In some areas they had better weapons and equiptment.

Refer to other posts here regarding invading/occupying the islands. You will find a large swathe of your arguement is left invalid regarding invading etc.

This is due to us simply defending what has been our land for a long time, hence the action taken was defence and nothing to do with invading etc.

It is not accepted only buy those who win at all.
One point of reference is India, the massive majority accepted British rule, why ?. Well a long story short is others like the Germans had tried it on in India and failed.
This is because they tried to regiment all areas of peoples lives. We had no policy to try and affect religious and or other personal values. We were interested in the land only.

Edit:: Bring back Maggie.

Fuck me India has absolutely nothing in common with the Falklands.

Britain did not invade the FI or use it in Empire like we obviously did in India

Stop fucking presuming and read some books or go there before spouting bollox

Your either the dumbest nobber to be able to use a keyboard or you can't read.

I was not relating the occupation reasons or manors and or dynamics involved einstein but responding to one of his comments.

So next time you want to sound smart make sure you know what your typing. It helps you not look like a noob.

@BlueRob01, I am not suggesting if it is wrong or right bud, just that's how it goes.

Well, I will take sollace in the fact I wasn't called the " dumbest nobber to be able to use a keyboard" at least..
Ta.
And yep, we finally agree on something.. It is the way it goes I know.
To quote someone ( I can't remembner who), the reality is "it's not who's right that matters, but who's left"
I just can't help thinking it's a sad reflection on us all as a race though still.

TCIB said:
Go on, explain where i am clueless Balti and i shall hold my hands up and admit i fail as hard as you

YOU SAID:

One point of reference is India, the massive majority accepted British rule, why ?. Well a long story short is others like the Germans had tried it on in India and failed. This is because they tried to regiment all areas of peoples lives. We had no policy to try and affect religious and or other personal values. We were interested in the land only.

Edit:: Bring back Maggie.''.

Furry muff. I repeat. Where is the parallel between India and the FI? What do they have in common exactly?

BlueRob01 said:
SWP's back said:
BlueRob01 said:
It's only accepted by those that win..
Not sure those that are taken over (and usually killed), in whatever guise it is undertaken would agree with the principle.
As for wanting it more, I would suggest that economic and military strength may have had something to do with it.
As does the political expedience of the most vile woman in recent history.
Ah so that's it. It's a Thatcher thing. Got'cha.

(see what I did there?)

By the way, do you read the thread? Indigenous people's? No (unlike in Argentina where the Spanish killed them all). Geographically close?? Again no as the London/Portugal - buenos aires/Falklands proves. Was Argentina in control of them? No, it didn't exist.

So it's simply to be contrary to something Thatcher did. Great stuff.

Sadly, that did make me really laugh.
Whilst I make no bones about hating Thatcher with a passion - and we are all entitled to our views of course (unless you are invaded by someone bigger and stronger).
To me it is still a case of pure geopgraphy. Simplistic perhaps maybe.
But all this stuff being spouted that I do not know my history and half a page of justification blah blah..Utter rubbish. History doesn't make a wrong thing right, nor does it exist as any kind of objective set of "facts".

A case of pure nonsense more like!

It's more than 300 miles from the coast of Argentina to the Falklands. By your logic Cuba belongs to Mexico/USA/Venezuela!

Corsica belongs to Italy

Greenland belongs to Canada

Japan belongs to China

I could go on but I hope you might get the point by now.

Balti said:
TCIB said:
Go on, explain where i am clueless Balti and i shall hold my hands up and admit i fail as hard as you.

One point of reference is India, the massive majority accepted British rule, why ?. Well a long story short is others like the Germans had tried it on in India and failed. This is because they tried to regiment all areas of peoples lives. We had no policy to try and affect religious and or other personal values. We were interested in the land only.

Edit:: Bring back Maggie.''

Furry muff. I repeat. Where is the parallel between India and the FI? What do they have in common exactly?

Who said there was a parallel between the countries or our occupation of both ? Would you like to quote where i made such a reference please.

I think you will find i made no such reference and your talking complete bollocks.

Just on your last point, they are both current or fomer protectorates of the crown who are a large distance from the motherland :)

Edit: @BlueRob01 hehe. Yeah it is a shame this is the accepted way of the world, i fully get what your saying regarding that bud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.