moss side riots 1981

Cheeky ****.

I was right in the middle of it. I've got lots of stories which I won't be sharing. However, to answer the OP, there were two main reasons behind it. The first is that young people thought that their futures were being written off. The second reason people turned up was for the buzz.
My hazy memory (I was 9) of the riots on the news is that they were very much police vs black people. This is certainly how I recall it being reported although perhaps this may have been more the case in Brixton /Toxteth? Either way, it has opened my eyes reading this thread to the fact the Moss Side riots appear to have been a culturally diverse affair featuring many little scroats from all over the place.

Father of a mate of mine had a jewellery/pawn shop on the main road. He said his father had a phone call at 3AM to go and identify the shop as it was on fire. His response was you must know its my shop as you have rung me, but he still had to go down and say yes it was his shop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.