Moss Side Shooting and Street Party

Blurring the lines between the UK and the US again.

We're not talking about the US, we're talking about the UK.

We never had slave plantations, lynchings, Jim Crow.

Your country's race relations are incredibly toxic, I don't think the UK's are. I don't think how we feel about race should be informed by your massively divided country.
You’re right, of course...no problems in Bradford, Birmingham, or the “Paki-bashing” and related songs that went along with it....not to mention England didn’t have plantations because the land was all owned by the landed gentry and, well, shall we discuss the slave trade or would you prefer to keep the UK position as “we just provided the transport, mate!”

Yes, we have a cultural divide which is an order of magnitude greater than the UK, but to suggest there is no racism in the UK, or that it is not pervasive and historical, is to ignore reality.

You’re right, of course...no problems in Bradford, Birmingham, or the “Paki-bashing” and related songs that went along with it....not to mention England didn’t have plantations because the land was all owned by the landed gentry and, well, shall we discuss the slave trade or would you prefer to keep the UK position as “we just provided the transport, mate!”

Yes, we have a cultural divide which is an order of magnitude greater than the UK, but to suggest there is no racism in the UK, or that it is not pervasive and historical, is to ignore reality.
He didnt say that did he

FWIW, I think it was locals beating up the EDL last time Bradford was close to race riots. I didn’t lose any sleep over it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.