Moss Side Shooting and Street Party

So far wide of the mark it's untrue.

It's the BLM movement itself that doesn't care about black on black crime, because what they're obsessed about is the narrative of oppression in which "white supremacy" (however loosely you define it) is the fault of literally absolutely every negative thing that begets anyone who isn't white in the US, and now seemingly anywhere else in the Western world for that matter.

It's trendy to support because no one wants to be viewed as racist, and most aren't, so feel compelled to get that social approval by promoting BLM. There's social kudos to be gained by supporting and promoting it, and not casting a critical eye over the movement.

When some Islamist kills a bunch of white people there's no social kudos to be gained in condemning it. In fact you're more likely to be suspected of being a bigot if you're vocal about it, or attempt reflections on what can be done to prevent it, that's the real absurdity.

While the truth is the only reason that would be terrorist is in the UK, and free to kill and maim, is because Britain is a tolerant and liberal country which grants plenty of opportunities to people from all corners of the globe to come here to settle and contribute, regardless of their ethnic background, race or religion.

Yet we have to hear and blindly accept the narrative that Britain is an intrinsically racist society to its core, and if we don't we're racist and part of the problem.

It's a joke, and I think most people are sick of hearing it.

As far as the media coverage goes, the terrorist attack that happened in Reading was completely indiscriminate and can happen to anyone at any time or place. That's why it frightens people and grabs headlines.

Knife and gun crime is a national talking point and has been for ages, but no one can agree on how to stop it and it usually happens between young men who target one another and not the wider public. That's why it doesn't garner the same national press.

And what's more, because everyone's preoccupied with the BLM movement at the moment, in which they ignore black on black crime or treat discussion of it as a kind of dog whistle for racists to ignore racism, then what makes you think a shooting in Moss Side will be anything other than an inconvenient side story right now?

It's massively ironic as well because the biggest criticism of "black lives matter" is that they only matter when they can be exploited to serve a political agenda or narrative: e.g. police bad, or evidence of oppression via "white supremacy". Two young black lads dying in a shooting can't at all serve that narrative so it's just background noise to the movement.

That's why people like me see the wider movement as divisive American identity politics, via their absolutely toxic race relations, and shouldn't be supported or promoted.

Racism exists, and anti racism is a good thing. That doesn't mean BLM or the growing obsession with race via America is a positive thing.
I couldn't have put it better myself. I wish I could. Well done Sir, I totally agree

You’re right, of course...no problems in Bradford, Birmingham, or the “Paki-bashing” and related songs that went along with it....not to mention England didn’t have plantations because the land was all owned by the landed gentry and, well, shall we discuss the slave trade or would you prefer to keep the UK position as “we just provided the transport, mate!”

Yes, we have a cultural divide which is an order of magnitude greater than the UK, but to suggest there is no racism in the UK, or that it is not pervasive and historical, is to ignore reality.

Everything you’ve said about England is in the past.

I’ve never known “paki bashing” in my life and I grew up in a working class area.

I seriously think people underestimate how liberal the UK is.

Everything you’ve said about England is in the past.

I’ve never known “paki bashing” in my life and I grew up in a working class area.

I seriously think people underestimate how liberal the UK is.
Of course it is, because it is what I grew up with and saw, which suggests it is embedded in many people. I’m not sure how old you are, but such things, and their related songs, were common in the 70s and early 80s. I know that for a fact!

I’m painfully aware how liberal the UK CAN BE, yet I see (and have expressed here) how many liberties I see being surrender to liberal sensitivities. PC has run amok in the UK, and it is rapidly becoming not just a nanny state, but a police state.Brits always seem to have a “very good reason” for giving up liberties, because they appear to offend to some sliver of society. As the saying goes...and then they came for me!

My grandparents lived next to Maine Road (Horton Rd), so I am very familiar with Moss Side. My Dad ran the Solem & Serpent bars at Manchester Uni when he stopped playing football, so I can’t tell you the number of times I bounced between those two places, so I’m very familiar with what Moss Side was, and perhaps less so with how it is today, but I’m not sure things have changed much for the better.

I’m clearly at a disadvantage, as I pop over and don’t live there 24/7/365.Therefore, I will bow out because I’m using my observations from afar, which are insufficient to understand EXACTLY what is going on in the streets today. There is much to love about Britain, but I see less and less of it every time I come “home.”

Of course it is, because it is what I grew up with and saw, which suggests it is embedded in many people. I’m not sure how old you are, but such things, and their related songs, were common in the 70s and early 80s. I know that for a fact!

I’m painfully aware how liberal the UK CAN BE, yet I see (and have expressed here) how many liberties I see being surrender to liberal sensitivities. PC has run amok in the UK, and it is rapidly becoming not just a nanny state, but a police state.Brits always seem to have a “very good reason” for giving up liberties, because they appear to offend to some sliver of society. As the saying goes...and then they came for me!

My grandparents lived next to Maine Road (Horton Rd), so I am very familiar with Moss Side. My Dad ran the Solem & Serpent bars at Manchester Uni when he stopped playing football, so I can’t tell you the number of times I bounced between those two places, so I’m very familiar with what Moss Side was, and perhaps less so with how it is today, but I’m not sure things have changed much for the better.

I’m clearly at a disadvantage, as I pop over and don’t live there 24/7/365.Therefore, I will bow out because I’m using my observations from afar, which are insufficient to understand EXACTLY what is going on in the streets today. There is much to love about Britain, but I see less and less of it every time I come “home.”
Having lived in the States for over thirty years I 'm still aware of how much safer I feel it is here than in the UK. Maybe it was just my perception as a younger person but you just don't see the chav mentality anywhere I've been, it simply wouldn't be tolerated

Well it turns out we are in total agreement.

Just look in any Covid-19 thread. My fellow patriots want our government to close our countryside, a right never taken away in the history of our nation.

No thought for the danger in this act, no thought for what may come and no thought for the political consequences of making walking illegal.

We have become a PC nanny state and unfortunately the “conservative” Party are nothing but enablers.

So 40/50 years ago then

Having lived in the States for over thirty years I 'm still aware of how much safer I feel it is here than in the UK. Maybe it was just my perception as a younger person but you just don't see the chav mentality anywhere I've been, it simply wouldn't be tolerated

Next time there is a mass shooting in the States, you can tell your neighbours it’s far worse in England because they have chavs.

Well it turns out we are in total agreement.

Just look in any Covid-19 thread. My fellow patriots want our government to close our countryside, a right never taken away in the history of our nation.

No thought for the danger in this act, no thought for what may come and no thought for the political consequences of making walking illegal.

We have become a PC nanny state and unfortunately the “conservative” Party are nothing but enablers.

Bookmarked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.