Moss Side Shooting and Street Party

Crime was through the roof in Manchester in the 80s and not just in the Moss (where I spent a a lot of my mispent teenage years) It's very quiet these days. Shootings were extremely common place. I knew someone (an innocent bystander and a City fan) who was wounded in a drive by shooting at the Caught on the Hop pub in Whalley Range. It was my local pub at one time... and not a place for the faint-hearted. I used to prefer the Big Alex and Little Alex.

It was a brutal time and people didn’t need to be trouble makers to get the worst of it. A classmate from School, Nicola Centi, was killed in town trying to be a peacemaker. I also knew a great bloke called Chris Coady (a boxer) who was hacked to death with machetes. Another guy who trained at the same gym as us, Daz Clemence, was shot dead (allegedly) collecting a debt. RIP guys.

It was a brutal time and people didn’t need to be trouble makers to get the worst of it. A classmate from School, Nicola Centi, was killed in town trying to be a peacemaker. I also knew a great bloke called Chris Coady (a boxer) who was hacked to death with machetes. Another guy who trained at the same gym as us, Daz Clemence, was shot dead (allegedly) collecting a debt. RIP guys.
I worked in Timpsosns next to Greggs in the shopping centre a few times back then. Pretty rough but the boss knew everyone so got no shit and actually enjoyed going. Had to wait for the bus to appear though before going to the stop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.