Moss Side Shooting and Street Party

How do the police act ? If a thousand people decide to attend one place there is little the police can do to stop them. If they kettle them they get sued, if they simply block a road people find another way around. If they identify the organiser, (the guy stood at the turntable deck) exactly what could they arrest him for, possibly behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace ? good look with that one. It is not as simple as 'the police could stop it'.
Could go the Chinese route and weld all their doors shut for a 14 day quarantine period.

I wonder why they haven't been named yet. How long ago did they die?

How do the police act ? If a thousand people decide to attend one place there is little the police can do to stop them. If they kettle them they get sued, if they simply block a road people find another way around. If they identify the organiser, (the guy stood at the turntable deck) exactly what could they arrest him for, possibly behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace ? good look with that one. It is not as simple as 'the police could stop it'.

They seem to have succeeded in stopping the one at Boggart Hole Clough so the same tactics should have been applied here. Obviously, they've only got limited resources and you're right - it isn't as simple as saying 'just stop it' - but after the failures of last weekend, I'm disappointed a 1000 person gathering has managed to slip through the net, especially when they received multiple phone calls.

I understand there's a lot of racial tensions at the minute but they shouldn't just ignore law-breaking because a few, far-left wet-lettuces blame everything on race.

I think some of it is because (if it is black on black gangster stuff) it's easier to rationalise and get our heads round than what seems a more random terrorist killing.

This opinion is pretty much what the BLM protests are about. Black on black killing doesn’t really matter, whereas random terrorist kills “normal” people and everyone is up in arms.

This opinion is pretty much what the BLM protests are about. Black on black killing doesn’t really matter, whereas random terrorist kills “normal” people and everyone is up in arms.
Not sure it 'doesn't matter', just no shock as it's so regular. People getting randomly stabbed for fuck all is always going to grab the attention more. I lived in Moss Side / Whalley range late 80's / early 90's and it was all to regular an occurrence. Apart from a particularly horrible one (1990'ish I think) when a young boy got gunned down in a chippy it just became background noise. I don't think it's a race thing tbh - I have similar lack of interest when some teenager overdoes the drugs at a rave - just another stat sadly.

Not sure it 'doesn't matter', just no shock as it's so regular. People getting randomly stabbed for fuck all is always going to grab the attention more. I lived in Moss Side / Whalley range late 80's / early 90's and it was all to regular an occurrence. Apart from a particularly horrible one (1990'ish I think) when a young boy got gunned down in a chippy it just became background noise. I don't think it's a race thing tbh - I have similar lack of interest when some teenager overdoes the drugs at a rave - just another stat sadly.

I wasn’t having a go at you, merely pointing out the apathy shown by everyone to it compared to the Reading incident.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.