Most boring question in off topic tonight

mrbelfry

Hey there

This is the most boring question that will get asked tonight but it has been playing on my mind all day. If I buy something from China and it gets shipped to my house does the Royal Mail deliver that for free or do they get paid by the Chinese postal service?

at the risk of being more boring. i ordered some led's. they came via royal mail but didn't cost much and postage was free. so are royal mail getting paid to deliver international post or not?

mods feel free to delete my life

postage wasn't free!
It just means someone else paid for it, not you!

I suspect there is an international agreement. All my Xmas cards round the world get delivered with UK stamps on them.

mrbelfry said:
at the risk of being more boring. i ordered some lads. they came via royal mail but didn't cost much and postage was free. so are royal mail getting paid to deliver international post or not?

mods feel free to delete my life
Hmmmmm.

Well the Royal Mail wouldn't just deliver stuff for free would they?

If you send something international, then you pay extra, so surely that extra money should go somewhere, presumably the domestic mail delivery authority (that sounds very extravagent) would get some of this?

I work for the royal mail and we deliver it as long as the delivery has been paid for by the sender. They will pay at their version of the post office. Then it gets sent over here and delivered. Sometimes if they havent paid enough then you will get a bill to pay the difference. Also sometimes if the item has bypassed customs then you will get a bill from customs for the vat that has been missed. I've not been there long so only know the basics, but hope i've helped.

markyboyblue said:
I work for the royal mail and we deliver it as long as the delivery has been paid for by the sender. They will pay at their version of the post office. Then it gets sent over here and delivered. Sometimes if they havent paid enough then you will get a bill to pay the difference. Also sometimes if the item has bypassed customs then you will get a bill from customs for the vat that has been missed. I've not been there long so only know the basics, but hope i've helped.

So you work for Royal Mail eh?

Had a birthday card come through the post the other day, there was a nice neat slit about 1 1/2 inches along the side. Someone had clearly been looking in it for cash (luckily there wasnt any). You ever seen any of your colleagues doing this? Had it loads of times in the past, it couldnt have been any more obvious that that's what they'd been doing haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.