Most expensive bottle of wine you have bought / drank

2000 pounds.

It was given to me by my father in law after he lost his taste due to cancer. Fully recovered. Apart from the taste.

He was a member of a posh wine barrel club and had a few expensive bottles saved up. Gave me the lot when he moved house after my mother in law died.

There were about 11 bottles, all different, so we had one a night between us. It was only after that we checked the prices to see if the cost equalled the taste. It didn't.

The best tasting one he had was 200 quid. The expensive one was like vinegar.

Snobbery,to pay anything over 20 quid unless you're in the UAE or the States is absurd.
Yes there's a difference between an Echo Falls peanut greasio and a Chatty nuff doo pop but seriously,it's grapes.

Anywhere from £10 to £80 regularly at home ( drink a lot of the stuff) it’s true the price doesn’t always reflect how much I like a wine, everyone’s palate is different.

Staying on the Somme with a group of lads in the middle of nowhere after the first night we went into the cellar and found copious amounts of home made wine some not to good but the plum and peach were quite quaffable , at the end of the stay we informed the home owner that we’d raided his cellar thinking that he was going to hit us with a bill but in that french way he just shrugged his shoulders and laughed

In a moment if madness £12 for a bottle of Malbec, but usually sub £8 to £9 from an off-licence or super market.

Not myself but a pal went to Harrow school and remained friends with a Saudi Prince he met there. The fella was generous to a fault and we used to go to Stringfellows and never paid a penny.
Anyhoo, my mate was telling me that he went to dinner and had a bottle that cost £3500 and this was late 80's / early 90's. Apparently the law of diminishing returns applies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.