Most expensive bottle of wine you have bought / drank

We stay to the £7 mark, and that allows us a decent choice to choose from.

My younger brother is quite well off. He bought us a bottle of white for Christmas. I googled it and it's around £50. Tasted like the £7 ones.
Around 25 years ago my (then) brother in law bought me 2 bottles for Xmas. Had drank them by Boxing Day.
The (then) wife said I hadnt appreciated them, chugging them down as I had, given that they were £22 each.
I replied "next Xmas ask him to buy £44 worth of £4 bottles and I will appreciate them a lot longer!"

Around 25 years ago my (then) brother in law bought me 2 bottles for Xmas. Had drank them by Boxing Day.
The (then) wife said I hadnt appreciated them, chugging them down as I had, given that they were £22 each.
I replied "next Xmas ask him to buy £44 worth of £4 bottles and I will appreciate them a lot longer!
I honestly can't tell the difference with whites. I do have a Christmas Eve tradition though where I'll buy a Barolo. Started years ago so when the kids went to bed, the then wife and I would have that
Now I just have that :-)

Have been a bit of a wine lush back in the day. Living by myself, I'd come in from working nights at 6am and have a bottle before going to bed. Girlfriends round on the weekend we would go through a ridiculous amount of bottles a week. That was when Asda did the 3 for a tenner plus my cousin worked at Kingsland wine in Irlam so would get lots of cheap bottles off her. Rarely spent more than £10 for one bottle and if I did it would be an "occasion".

$20 is the most I've spent here but I usually pay around $8.

I honestly can't tell the difference with whites. I do have a Christmas Eve tradition though where I'll buy a Barolo. Started years ago so when the kids went to bed, the then wife and I would have that
Now I just have that :-)

Way back then I managed to snag a graduate job in the 'big smoke' where during a welcome to the team lunch the head huncho ordered a bottle of Barolo for the table. Still remember the first sip to this day, it was smooth as silk & changed my outlook on vino.

Nowadays, I order it on special occasions when I want to treat myself or the mrs, which is rare :-)

Way back then I managed to snag a graduate job in the 'big smoke' where during a welcome to the team lunch the head huncho ordered a bottle of Barolo for the table. Still remember the first sip to this day, it was smooth as silk & changed my outlook on vino.

Nowadays, I order it on special occasions when I want to treat myself or the mrs, which is rare :-)
It is definitely the king of wines

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.