Most Humiliating Defeats

one defeat that surprised me that hasn't been mentioned is the Real Madrid 1 nil SF defeat. Yes Madrid were a good side but our performance was abject and humiliating. We never laid a glove on them and even with 15 mins to go we were playing like we were defending a lead

Again, not humiliating losing to one of the world's best in a SF of the CL.

Performance was annoying, but far far from humiliation.

It was Simon Tracey, yes.

Watched that game in Rock City of all places. They put it on just for me!
Wow! Spent the best years of my life in RC sat nite....all human life was there.only standing on a packed Kippax at Maine road for a night match comes close for excitememt raw energy, and Fun./Bedlam

What were you doing ay Rock city mid 90s,GDM?

Id love to know.....i was a regular late 80s,thurs and sat nite.....keep nipping baaach now and then to see the odd band.Last time was sisters of Mercy....crap.but packed to the rafters.....never ever seen a good live Sisters gig......i think i should have bin in Leeds in 1980 to see that tbf
I digress.......wot wer you up to GDM?

Halifax Shrewsbury chesterfield Donny rovers derby when we got beat 6-0 Liverpool when we lost twice in a few days

For me Stoke Away at Xmas under Mel Machin - massive turn-out in fancy dress .. all ready to go.

Mel Machin dropped Paul Moulden.

You know the rest.

On Saturday we saw a modern update on that. The manager needs to prove that he is the master tactician and that the players can be switched around at will as he sees fit - doesn't matter what is the simplest most common sense thing to do. We had De Bruyne playing as a right winger ahead of Bernado or Mahrez. We had Gundogan on the pitch ahead of Silva or Foden.

The game was over before kick off, just like the Stoke game. funnily enough I cared more about the Stoke game - that's how it was.

We had bad ones in the 90s for sure, was any as big as the Wigan cup final?

Halifax away , we had our record signing £1.5m Steve Daley in midfield and the team was sprinkled with a few international players , the gulf in class of the players was massive , but we were beaten by a team of yard dogs on a cabbage patch pitch , Big Mal was a laughing stock after that match.
It was pissing down we were standing on a mudheap , we must of had 3/4000 fans there , probably one of the lowest points as a blue , Allison ripped a decent team apart to massage his own ego and Swales was just as culpable for letting him.

1st round FA Cup. Scraping a draw at Darlington. Losing to Doncaster Rovers in the League Cup, Losing to Lincoln in the League Cup home and away, the latter 4-1. Mansfield at home Auto Windscreen Malarky. Bury at home, Halifax and Shrewsbury in the Cup, Cardiff in the Cup, still hate Noel Blake. Stockport away 3-1 was it. Oh theres loads and loads of Character building results.

For the ultimate answer to this, we need to ask that poor chap who ripped his season ticket up on the pitch, that night against Bury. Was he more pissed off last night, then he was back then?
Didnt he chuck it at Nigel Clough. knew how the poor guy felt tbh. Felt like doing it myself

Being a Derbyshire lad, the most humiliating defeat for me personally was losing 2-1 away at my local town Chesterfield in a League Cup match in 2006. This was under Pearce’s reign.
I was so gutted going home after the match, and I got so much stick from my mates after that one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.