Most Humiliating Defeats

Might be a stretch for some to think this is up there but I was at the Middlesbrough 8-1 game and I've seen us beaten by the likes of Wycombe at Maine Road and second division sides but for me, this result is right up there due to the talent we have in our squad. We're not little ol' City of the 90s anymore and we have a style and way of playing and an expectation to at least play with some pride against a team like Lyon and not set up like a Tony Pulis team against them. Couldn't believe what I saw last night so this result is right up there in terms of humiliating defeats. What's yours?

The MOST embarrassing City defeat HAS to be the loss to Fourth division Halifax Town in the FA Cup back in 1980, when Big Mal was in charge ..... but others that stick out in my mind were the 8-1 loss to Middlesborough , and the 6-0 defeat at Derbys old Baseball Ground.

dislike of the competition and the owners and probably most of the staffs desire to win it for financial and kudos reasons. It’s the biggest draw in club football and brings
The MOST embarrassing City defeat HAS to be the loss to Fourth division Halifax Town in the FA Cup back in 1980, when Big Mal was in charge ..... but others that stick out in my mind were the 8-1 loss to Middlesborough , and the 6-0 defeat at Derbys old Baseball Ground.
Me and rammyblues were there and if memory serves the pitch was like a ploughed field. No excuse mind boy that defeat hurt.

Sven never played the fuckin goalie up front....should have been sacked for that alone.....don't get me started about bastard 'Beanie' either.....

James’ presence up front helped earn a penalty. Fowler spooned it.

They initially kicked on under Pearce after Keegan walked. Whilst he had to go by the end, he never relegated the team etc.

Sven never played the fuckin goalie up front....should have been sacked for that alone.....don't get me started about bastard 'Beanie' either.....
Not only did he finish by playing 2 goalies in the last game but if you recall the first game he was a manager for Forest he picked 11 outfield players and forgot the keeper until his wife told him. Maybe he was making up for it in the Boro game. Tbh He should never have been allowed near any club as a manager. Dumb as toast

James’ presence up front helped earn a penalty. Fowler spooned it.

They initially kicked on under Pearce after Keegan walked. Whilst he had to go by the end, he never relegated the team etc.
it was Sunday league mentality,like we hadn't had the piss took out of us enough over the years,he would have relegated the team had he been around long enough,you need to actually score goals to stay up .......

Like many have already said, each of the three Wigan defeats was hideous and unfortunately I was at each of them. The Wembley final was one of those days when everything went wrong. Terrible atmosphere due to Mancini’s imminent departures, getting pissed wet through at the end and to cap it all a five hour coach journey back with the bloke behind throwing up for much of the journey.
The home game in the quarter final the following season was possibly even worse. We were supposed to be getting revenge for the previous final but getting beat at home by a team that was relegated the previous season was utterly embarrassing.
Then finally the away game a couple of years ago when it kicked off afterwards after we had conceded those goals against the run of play. Really hope we never play them again.
For Europe the defeat to CSKA was a shocker. They were shit but beat us at home after we got a couple of red cards. Horrible night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.